41

One year later...

Fri. 20th Oct. 2023

Author's POV

Forwarding their journey through life and it's obstacle courses, these friends have been through a lot as one but overcame it all together.

After reading his father's last words, he did keep it close to him but he still didn't find his closure just like his other brothers. Seokjin, Namjoon and Taehyung struggled a bit with the disappearance of their mother. They searched for months but she went off grid. Eventually they all gave up and moved on with their lives.

Angel and Namjoon. Their relationship has been stronger than ever over the past year. They eventually moved into a new building near their office that was a high rise complex. They've had major fights to the point where one or the other didn't sleep at home but they overcame it.

Angel was also offered a job as Co-CEO in January, 2023 with Namjoon by the board of directors. Of course, she was excited but also worried if she could do it. Namjoon begged her and eventually she gave in but she had two conditions. She still has to work as his assistant and the only time she acts as CEO is when he is sick, out of town or can't come in. The board directors agreed to her terms and she was content.

Namjoon was also public and his relationship was also revealed to the world. In March, he made the decision to reveal himself and his relationship during an interview with Good Morning America. Everyone was falling for the young CEO but supported and respected Angel's as his girlfriend. Although he had to hire more guards with Yoongi's help, he felt free.

Even though Namjoon still struggles a bit with how much he has gone through, he eventually stopped therapy because he was coping better than he ever has and Mrs. Harris gave him the go. He felt saddened that he wasn't going to see her as much but they kept in contact.

Seokjin and Layla. The happily married couple were happier than before even more now with their bundle of joy. On the day of Christmas last year, the couple shared the news of being 4 weeks pregnant and everyone cheered and congratulated them.

Even though they were excited, Seokjin was scared that he couldn't be a good father because he had no one to look up to but with the help of everyone and his loving wife, he eventually got confident. Layla was excited to be a mom since it was always her dream, even though her pregnancy was a bit tough, she pulled through and gave birth to a handsome baby boy named Jiho Martin Kim on August 15th. They wanted their baby name in Korean so he could know that apart from his African-American heritage, he was also Korean.

The couple was now living inside the mansion and Seokjin worked part time at hospital so he could be with his family while his wife was on maternity leave and thinking about being a full time mom since they were okay financially.

Ellen. Ellen was still working as the receptionist. Namjoon had tried to persuade her into taking an early retirement so she could experience the world but she wanted to be near everyone since they were the only family she had. She was healthy and doing okay.

Yoongi and Amira. The couple was actually doing great. Yoongi was still head security but asked Jungkook to join his side in March so they both ran the guards together. Amira was still the chef's assistant but was doing extremely well at her job. The couple also moved in together in May,2023 and have been happier since.

Jungkook. Our single boy was no longer single. On Valentine's Day, 2023, he met his now girlfriend, Ayanla. They met at the park feeling sorry for themselves since they were both alone on love day. They ended up spending the night together and it turned out great. Jungkook was hesitant at first to date since he was still healing but she was too perfect for him to let go. They made it official in May and have been happily together ever since.