30

Fri. 15th Jul, 2022

Angel's POV

These past few weeks have been surprisingly peaceful. Business was doing well as we took on a few more companies. There was no sign of Young-ho and Jessica as yet which made everything seem more at ease. My relationship with Joon also strengthened after him meeting my parents and we were okay.

As I sat inside the current meeting, I was feeling a bit on edge. Taehyung and Namjoon kept sending deadly glares at each other which caused the tensions to be high. Ever since Namjoon heard about the meeting he wasn't too happy about it.

When they both saw each other for the first time ever since, Taehyung kept his promise and gave him a courteous nod but of course Namjoon's jealousy took the best of him. He completely ignored him and here we are now.

I tried to stay focused on the presentation as I was genuinely interested and proud of what Taehyung wanted to accomplish but it was hard.

As time passed, everyone sighed with relief as the meeting ended. I felt a bit bad that they had to go through that cause I'm sure they all felt the tension.

As everyone was dismissed, Namjoon decided to keep Taehyung and his assistant back with me joining. Everyone hurriedly got out of the room leaving the four of us seated around the oval-shaped table.

"If you're going to speak about anything personal, please allow my assistant to leave because she isn't involved.'' Taehyung says before anything.

I looked at the assistant and saw that she was a bit saddened by that. Taehyung looked at her apologetically, which made me wonder what she really meant to him?

"Fine. You can go." Namjoon says dryly.

I can see her feeling sad that she had to leave. Taehyung was trying to talk to her softly but she ignored him as she packed up. That's when I knew. They were something more.

"Ara, I'll be there-"

"Thank you for today Mr. Kim and Ms. Reed." she says completely ignoring him.

I watched as she left the conference without saying a word to Taehyung. I turned to look at him as he seemed frustrated.

"What are you doing?" I asked Namjoon.

"I need closure." he says.

"For what?" Taehyung asks us, turning our heads to his attention. "Do you really need closure or do you want to know what happened between us?" he pointed between him and I with frustration lacing his voice.

I never told Namjoon what happened fully between Taehyung so I could understand that he wanted answers but he should have came to me instead.

"Fine." Namjoon gave in. "I want to know what happened. I have asked before but got shut down and thought it was best to not bring it up again but seeing you brought up that so yes I want answers." he confirmed for us.

I sighed softly. "What do you want to know?" I asked.

Namjoon looked between the two of us before speaking. "Why did you go after her even when she told you she was seeing someone?" he asked Taehyung.

Taehyung scoffs softly as he leans back into his chair. "When she told me, I accepted to be her friend. Yes I still liked her but I never disrespected or passed the line." he explains.

Namjoon nods and turns to me. "What happened that night when we broke up?"

Damn. There was no reason for me to lie so I took a deep breath and gathered the courage to tell him.