1

Sun. 30 Jan. 2022

Angel's POV

I slowly sat up on my bed and looked around room. Today was the anniversary of my parents' death. Any other day, I would wake up in a good mood and try my best but today just like always, I didn't feel the need to do anything. Looking at my side, I took up the framed photo of my parents and I smiling at the camera and my heart aches.

Everytime this day comes, it feels like I'm losing them again and it hurts. I sniffed and wiped my tear and took a deep breath. No need to cry, just be strong!

Putting back the frame, I slowly got up and headed to my bathroom. I was 17 and in my last year of high school, prepping to do my exams and prom but that didn't go as planned. It was Spring Break when I got the call that they died in a car accident. At the point I wanted to die myself but I could hear my parents telling me to keep living and I decided to my best.

Mahattan,New York became my new home ever when I turned 18. My bestfriend Layla and I decided we should attend Columbia University since we both got accepted and well my old town in Georgia didn't seem the same anymore. I had my parents buried here in Manhattan after consulting with other family members. Some didn't agree with me and decided the only way they would come to the funeral was if I was paying.

Thankfully some family members helped out but it wasn't enough therefore leaving me to use all my savings from both me and the insurance company. In the end, I buried them and they were at peace.It was bit hard to live here after not having any money so I worked mutiple part time jobs to survive and had the help of Layla and her family.

Thankfully, I did well and now I am working at the company Kim Co. which was an Advertisement Agency here in Manhattan for about two years.  I work as an accountant in the finance department and I get paid well. Our CEO whom I've never met was very private. The guy never showed his face at work and only persons on the 25th floor and up knows what he looks like. It's funny if you think about it because he is the talk of the town but no one could ever put a face to the man. He always turned away from the camera's in shoots or disguised in shades and masks. People said he was weird but I just saw it as he preferred his privacy.

Kim Co. was also one of the biggest advertisement company in New York. If you wanted your business to skyrocket, this is the place to go to. They helped many different businesses like fashion, food and many more in the social networking world. I was grateful to be given a job there, especially with my best friend who also works there.

I finished showering and quickly dried my hair. I looked in the mirror and released a breath. Walking out the bathroom to my room, I quickly dressed in some sweats since I was going to visit the funeral grounds today. I was finishing up when I heard my apartment door open.

"Angie?!" I heard a deep voice called.

"Coming!" I shout.

I hurried and then I heard another voice and I smiled. As I came out my room, I saw Layla cursing Seokjin again.

"Why didn't you buy the white ones?" she asked him.

"She said purple," he defended himself saying and Layla rolled her eyes.

They both turned towards my direction and they had sad expressions on their faces. Layla ran towards me engulfing me in a hug "How are you?" she asked concerned.