19

Mon. 4th Apr. 2022

Angel's POV

I sat down behind my desk waiting for Namjoon to arrive. It's been a few weeks since we last saw each other. He didn't come to work which made things difficult for me. I had to reschedule everything, made a lot of calls all around and did a few meetings by myself.

I was exhausted which caused Layla to get even more upset. Eventually I had to ask Jin to speak with him. Thankfully Jin got through to him and here we are now. I was nervous since I was the one who broke up with him but something tells me, something happened during these weeks. Call it a gut feeling but something felt off.

Apart from that, Taehyung and I have been hanging out. He was really cool and kept me sane during these past few weeks. There were times that I cried and wanted to be alone but he made it his duty to be there. He always found a way to cheer me up. He also hasn't tried to make a move because he respected my personal space.

I would be stupid if I say that didn't have any sort of feelings for him but he wasn't him. Sighing, I stood up and tried to give myself a pep talk. I was about to begin when the door opened. For a second, it felt like the world stopped as he walked in.

Immediately our eyes connected and the tears started to cloud my eyes. He looked like hell. His eyes were red and he had bags under his eyes. His eyes were also teary as he stared at me. I don't think either of us were ready for this.

He clears his throat, looking away wiping his eyes. I quickly did the same and we both faced each other.

"I would like to apologize for not being here and leaving a lot of work for you." he says, his voice cracking.

For some reason, I couldn't think about work or anything else, I just wanted to ask him if he was okay.

"I will compensate you properly and thank you." he says, barely holding eye contact with me.

"Are you okay?"

He looked up at me with teary eyes "I can't fucking do this."

He was about to leave when I ran over to him, grabbing his arm and pulling him back. He turned his face, looking down at me. I was sure I was crying by now. He moved his arm and pulled me in with a tight hug. I was frozen as he held onto me. I slowly let myself accept the idea and hugged him back. I knew I had every right to be mad but right now, his touch was all I needed.

I don't know how long we stood there hugging for but we eventually part. I stared up at his face as his tears rolled down his cheek. It was the first time I've seen him cry. It aches my heart to see him like that. What happened to him? Is it my fault? Our break up?

I raised my hand, placing it on his cheek and wiped the tears away. Both of his hands cupped my cheeks and I stiffened as I stared into his eyes. They held so much pain in them and that made me feel even worse. He leaned in slowly and closed his eyes. I wanted to move but I couldn't. I closed my eyes as my heartbeat sped up.

But that's when it hits me. I couldn't kiss him. I placed my hands on his chest to stop him. He slowly backed away and I looked up at him as the tears fell from my eyes.

I sniffed "We-we can't."

He sighs "I know."

No matter how much I needed his touch, it would hurt more for the both of us. Namjoon and I have way too much to speak about before anything could happen.

"Where have you been?" I asked, breaking the silence.

He gestured for us to sit on the couch and I nodded. We both sat down and faced each other.