42

Wed. 25th Oct. 2023

Namjoon's POV

"He is here." Ellen said through the intercom and I asked to let him in.

I got up and made my way over to the couch taking a seat as I awaited my guest. I was a bit nervous since it was my first time doing something like this but I knew this is something I really wanted to do.

As the door opened, I stood up as the older male walked in fully dressed in a simple black and white suit, a black briefcase and a bright smile. He walked over to me and we shook hands.

"Mr. Kim, it's nice to finally meet you."

I smiled. "Same. Thank you for meeting me today. It's the only day that she isn't here."

He chuckles lightly. "That's understandable."

I motion him for us to take a seat and he nods. As we sat down on opposite sides facing each other, he opened the briefcase and I scanned all of the rings.

"I brought all the best yet simple ones we could find." he says and I nod.

Over this past year, I would definitely say that it has been my biggest lesson throughout life. From losing myself, my father, my runaway mother and gaining a new brother, the only two things stable in my life were my friends and my girlfriend, Angel.

I can't lie, I don't know how she puts up with me because I know I'm a handful but nevertheless, she loved me wholeheartedly and I can't imagine my life without her which is why I must do this.

"We have this pear shaped diamond ring, about 15 carat." he expressed as she showed me the ring.

I examined it and honestly knowing Angel, she doesn't want something flashy. Around Valentine's day, I tried to take her ring shopping for future purposes and she wasn't feeling the pear shaped rings so I knew that was a definite no. Although, she never really gave me an answer as to what she wanted, I'll know when I see it.

"Something else." I say and he nods.

I watched as he displayed and explained two other rings which were a trillion cut and emerald cut. I sighed as I shook my head no to him. Thankfully, he was patient and understanding so he continued on.

I know it seems sudden and out of the blue but I have been planning to buy it for a while now. After moving into our new place, we had a talk about our future and that night, I said when the moment feels right, I'll buy the ring and propose.

Like usual, we always went on every business trip together but this time she couldn't come and if i'm honest, it was an eye opener. I didn't realize how much she really means to me or how much she affected my life on a daily basis until I knew that when I went back to the hotel, she wasn't there to hold me.

Being away from her for almost a week felt like hell and even though I know it will probably happen again, it made me realize that she is the one I want around me all the time. Her smile, her eyes, her body, her soul, her lips, her personality, her attitude, her heart and so much more are what made me fall for her and I fell hard.

I don't want to waste another six months or a year to get engaged. Life was too short and I plan to live it out with the person I love with my entire being.

"This is a baguette diamond cut, 10K, simple but still stylish." he says and that's when I smile.

I picture her smiling and laughing as she showed off her ring to everyone. "How much is it?" I asked.

"35,000."

"I'll take it." I say and he smiles.

We shook hands and he placed the ring back into the briefcase. "We will have it cleaned and in the correct size. It will be sent tomorrow." he explains and I nod.