21

Mon. 11th Apr. 2022

Angel's POV

"How am I supposed to face him?" I panicked asking.

I was currently pacing back and forth inside my home as Layla, Jimin and Jungkook sat on the chair watching me. It felt like my heart was about to leap from my chest any minute.

"You're honestly being dramatic." Jungkook groans annoyed.

I glare at him and he coughs looking away from me. I had to be at work soon but I was nowhere ready to face the guy who confessed his love for me. I was embarrassed because instead of saying something, I completely changed the topic.

I remember it as clear as day and I cringed at the memory.

"I think I'm in love with you Angel."

I stood there with widened eyes looking at him as he stood there flustered. Did he just confess his love for me? I was speechless, my heart beat sped up and I was completely still. Neither of us move from our positions as the tension becomes stronger.

He sighs "I really think I am and I know it probably not easy hearing those words after everything that happened but I will wait."

He loved me? That was all that clouded my mind. I wanted nothing more than to kiss him and confess my love for him but I also knew it would be wrong. It would be wrong for me to say I love him when I like Taehyung.

"Can you please say something?" he begs as his voice cracks.

"I-" I stammered for a second "I think it's late and we should go home" I said, immediately regretting the words.

I watched as his face fell with sadness. That broke me even more but I couldn't tell him not until I knew for sure. I couldn't tell him about Taehyung else he would be even more heartbroken.

He simply nodded and we started walking back to the restaurant to go to his car.The entire car ride was awkward and silent. I could see him taking deep breaths from the glances I took. He didn't seem to be handling it well but he was trying.

As for me, I was utterly confused and hurt. This is the guy I fell in love with but here I am worried about another guy. What kind of person am I?

As we reached my apartment, he followed me up the stairs like he usually would and we faced each other.

"Take all the time you need to think about what I said." he says, staring at me intensely.

"Joon-"

"I don't want you to rush your feelings because of me. I want for when you tell me that it's genuine and that you really want me." he explains.

"Thank you." I said and he nodded.

He walked down the stairs and drove off.

"What exactly did you do wrong?"Jimin questions, confused.

"Taehyung jackass." Layla says to Jimin.

Jungkook raised his eyebrow at those words "Who is Taehyung?"

Damn it Layla!

"Taehyung is my friend." I said half of the truth. It wasn't a lie per say but I couldn't let Jungkook know. Not now.

"Wait I think I heard about this Taehyung" he trails off until his eyes widen" Wait, is this the guy Namjoon caught you with?"

"Yes." I admit.