33

A/N: Do vote and comment wildly for a quicker update:)

Mabel

I braced myself for the worst.

Today had been a day spent facing my darkest of fears... this was the last task before I finally head back to Di-glamorous to spend the rest of the day with Cade.

Right now, I was at Halo.

I had to settle things with Rhea if I wanted to make peace with Cade.

I knew she really hated me. Our conversation at the birthday party confirmed that fact. I shouldn't have gone after her like that, I mean after what I did to her brother, I deserved all the hate she threw my way. If I wanted to get on her good graces, I had to try and convince her about my sincere involvement with her brother this time, cause for some reason, she seemed like the last person on earth who would believe me.

Rhea was someone I envied, a lot... it was likely the reason why I acted defensive at the party. It was pretty hard seeing someone you wish were your friend, hate you with everything in them.

I knew she would never see me as that, friends, but one can only hope, right?

I went straight to the receptionist. "Hi, is Rhea in today?"

The receptionist looked at me with recognition, despite the dark shade I wore. "Um, yes, Miss Holland, I'll call to let her know you're here."

"Oh no no... she's expecting me." I lied.

"Oh, okay. Have a nice day." She gave me a warm smile.

"Yeah, you too." I said, walking ahead, the sound of my heels hitting the marble boosted my confidence.

God knows if I had told the receptionist the truth, Rhea would never have wanted to see me.

I made my way to where I remembered her office was. I had only been here like twice. I also kind of knew the layout to all the Chesterfield companies, so it was pretty easy to find.

Diane wasn't on sit when I reached their private offices.

I took in a deep breath, knocking on Rhea's door.

"Why the hell are you knocking, Diane... where's my burrito?" I heard her voice from the opposite side of the door.

Taking that as a cue to go in, I pushed the door open. "Last I heard, you were on a diet."

Her head snapped to my direction immediately as I closed the door behind me. "Hi." I greeted sheepishly.

Yeah, her beauty had me terribly jealous. The fact that she managed to look flawless all the time, made me want to start buying her beauty products too.

Rhea Chesterfield reminded me of a younger me. A younger me who wanted to grow up to have the kind of life she had, popular, beautiful, loved...

"What in Louis's name are you doing here?" she vexed, shooting up to her feet. "How did you even get pass security?"

I shrugged. "I'm Mabel Holland?"

She scoffed, rounding the table to come stand right in front of me, the hate in her eyes trying to pierce through my reserve. "Oh, that explains it. Did you have to sleep your way through the guards?"

I bit back the response my brain shot to my mouth, and decided to lean more into the voice of my heart.

I sighed. "I don't doubt that I'm the last person you want to see right now, Rhea."

"You got that right."

I nodded. "Well, I won't be long—"

"What do you want?"