7

Cade

Lazily, I checked the time displayed on my watch. It was almost 11PM and Russo's, a cool but unsuspecting restaurant was still filled with chatters, and music. But I could actually care less.

Drinking myself to stupor was the only thing I could think of right now. I felt so horrible, so disgusted with myself, it was just coffee- I shouldn't feel bad. And moreover, what she did to me was worst than a thousand coffee!

So why the hell am I beating myself up over it? Why can't I just feel a slight bit of relief or even, I don't know, triumph? Was that how much I still loved her, how much she still had a grip over my heart?

Why can't I just stop loving her? How hard can it be?

This hard.

She destroyed me, broke me... Yet, here I am, guilt ridden and even more broken.

I shouldn't have done that... I was so foolish, I shouldn't have splashed the coffee on her... If I hadn't, I wouldn't feel like this... No... I wouldn't want to go over to her, and apologize till I eventually pass out.

What has this woman done to me? Why the hell do I love her so freaking much. Why? God why?

"Whatever the problem is, I don't think drinking would solve it." A voice said from opposite me.

I found a guy as tall as me, with a work uniform, and a towel on his grip... His eyes were so extraordinaryly blue, it was scary.

My eyes went over to the side pocket of his uniform. "Didn't your mother ever teach you to mind your business, Jace?"

He scoffed. "My mother ditched my pops for money way before I knew what whiskey was."

"Hmph... Isn't that lovely?" Sarcasm dripped from my words.

He grabbed a glass cup, wiping it with the towel he was holding. "You've been here for hours, and I just had to say something because you actually look like shit... And you're also familiar."

"Wow, you see a lot of shits then."

He rolled his eyes. "A woman right?"

"I'm not interested." I muttered.

"And I'm not gay either... Don't let my feminine eyes deceive you, it was a curse I inherited from my Mom... Do you know how many females I have had to hide from all my fucking life? The girls I dated in the past loved me because, they said and I quote 'your eyes are beautiful Jace'"

I shrugged. "At least they loved you."

"Oh, So that's the case? You love her and she doesn't love you back?"

I furrowed my brows, staring at him. "How come you don't know me?" I asked. "I'm someone you should know."

"Really?"

I nodded.

"Well, this is Russo's different people come in everyday, and I'm not one for the social life." He said, looking up, his eyes widened when they reached a spot behind me.

I looked back to see why his eyes widened so suddenly; three blonde girls rushed towards our direction, I looked back hesitantly, and just like that, Jace was gone.