48

Cade

"Where's Fay these days?" Damien asked as he relaxed on one of the bean bags in Elroy's game room. Elroy had insisted we all gather at his place, since we'd barely spent time together...

Odd. Very. Odd.

When I got his text, I reread it a couple of times before I came to terms with what he really meant. Though Damien didn't seem to mind, but I could tell he was just as curious as I was.

"Chilling in the suburbs with her ex-boyfriend." He said, not paying attention as he focused on shooting off zombies with me on the big screen.

"You mean, Co-actor, that jayco guy?" Damien asked.

"Hm." Elroy responded. "They dated... briefly."

"Doesn't mean she's chilling with him... they go for interviews and stuff; they have to cover the promotional aspect too. That's literally the most stressful part of the process." I told him.

"And how would you know all that?"

"Mabel keeps tabs on this actor, Niko Poster or something."

"God, I hate that guy." Elroy and Damien said at the same time.

I chuckled. "Glad we agree on something."

"Women just go all crazy about him for nothing. He acts pretty good, but—I just don't understand why he's a literal chick magnet, the dude is just normal." Elroy said.

"He went viral after that superhero movie he made... what's the name again?" Damien asked.

"Soulless Hero or something." Elroy answered.

"I loved that movie; I've seen it like 3 times." I told them, secretly coming to terms that Nikolai was simply just perfect at his job.

"I loved it too." Damien said.

"It was a pretty cool movie; I loved the whole concept of it... the cheesy love story was actually pretty great..." Elroy admitted.

Okay, so maybe Nikolai wasn't that bad.

"That movie topped charts. His fame grew even more after that girlfriend of his ditched him, Vivian Pierre." Damien said.

"No, I think it was after he made that live video, defending her so his fans would stop throwing some hate her way." I clarified, being unsure myself.

"The fact that we sound like hard core fans right now." Elroy muttered.

Damien chuckled. "Enough about him, your invite was out of the blue... is something up?"

"Does something have to be up before I spend time with the uncool brothers in the family?"

"Yup." I answered.

"Pretty much, yeah." Damien agreed.

Elroy sighed, pausing the game. "I did want to spend time with you guys, but yeah... there was another motive."

I chuckled. "How can we be of service?"

"Okay... It's about Fay, and my proposal to Fay."

Damien's eyes widened. "You want to propose?"

Elroy nodded. "I've been holding on to that ring for months now, but I'm scared."

I raised a brow. "Still? Why?"

"Marriage scares me. I don't know what to expect, and I don't want to do anything wrong, the last thing I want is a divorce happening because I wouldn't be able to deal with that." Elroy's eyes shifted to Damien. "No, Offence, D."