38

A/N: Do vote and Comment! (You guys made me cry happy tears with your comments on the last chapter! Ilysm!!!)

Before you start, what's that memory you can't help but find yourself going back to? It can be an embarrassing memory or a happy one, tell me! I wanna know!

Mabel

"I got your message... loud and clear."

I didn't understand... here he stood, staring at me like he was the victim, like everything he had done for the past one week was completely okay, like coming to the one thing I had spent all week worrying about, with another woman in his arms, was okay. He knew, he knew I would be here, he knew how important this was, and just like he had ruined my whole week, he decided to put the cherry on the top by actually attending the private launch with someone else in his arms.

I didn't know where this anger was coming from, hell... I was so tired, but still I wanted to let him know that he had really done it this time, he had gone overboard with whatever he had been trying to achieve by avoiding me all week.

He stood up straight, his body no longer leaning on the car as he stopped twirling the ring. "It took just one week, Mabel... one week for you to give up fighting, just because what? The press thinks I'm in a relationship with Angelica? The same press who came to the conclusion that I was a pedophile because I took some pictures with a bunch of teenage girls from a goddamn orphanage."

What the—

"That is not what this is about, and you know it!" Just on cue, I could feel tears building in my eyes. "You have been avoiding me for a whole damn week, not just any week Cade, but one of the most important weeks of my life... you weren't there when I needed you, and when you're finally here, it's with some other woman. What the hell did you expect me to do?!"

"Have a little faith in me, perhaps?" He countered back. "It was just one week, Mabel... damn it, it's nothing compared to how long you left me, yet I'm still here, still in love with you!"

That shut me up, but still didn't make it okay, it didn't erase the hurt that I felt, seeing him with someone else.

He sighed. "If you had just asked around, you'd realize that Damien and Elroy weren't around either... We had something to deal with. Angelica is a very close friend of ours, and she needed our help. Elroy and I also took that opportunity to be there for Damien, who's struggling with an epic change in his life, and yes, I saw your text messages, and I looked forward to them every damn morning when I wake up, and before I go to bed."

"Well, you could have at least responded to one of them!"

"Says the person who told me she needed space to find herself and figure out her life... I was only doing what you asked, giving you space to build your life and make whatever changes you want to it. I was only staying away to stop myself from interfering, and to give you the chance to finally do what you feel is right for yourself."

I blinked, my eyes feeling heavy as the tears dropped down my cheek. "But I missed you." Filled with tears, I didn't even recognize my own voice. "I missed you so much, and I wanted you here with me."

He sighed, love filling his eyes, and in that minute, all the tension in the air became absent. "Come here." He said, pulling my body flush against his in a tight warm hug, filling my senses with all of him, as I buried my head into his warm neck, breathing him in like a creep.

At this moment, all I wanted was to just be this close to him, holding him and raveling at how crazy good he smelt.

"I missed you too." He said after a while. "More than you missed me, maybe..."