15

Mabel

"This looks a bit complicated, Cade." I said, my eyes scanning through the file as we headed towards the elevator to Emerald Arts board room. We had left Di-glamorous a few minutes ago, due to an important board meeting at Emerald Arts.

It had been a week since I moved into his apartment. A long ass week of mild awkwardness, endless work and a whole new shade to Cade Chesterfield. He had been really great with me, almost like we had been staying together for three months. Sometimes, I'd find him staring at me, and when I did, he'd look away.

I wouldn't initially call that awkwardness, but that was what it was. There were just moments when we'd have moments, probably doing something we usually did two years back.

It was amazing to just feel like everything would be okay. It was amazing to feel so free. Being with Cade made me feel free, it made me feel like I had no past to run from. He made me feel good about myself.

I had spoken to Cole a few times, and he seemed to be doing okay with his new friends. There was no word from Laross. And just that mere fact alone was a decent reminder that he was still there, like a shadow, and he could strike anytime.

Although, Cade had tried to sway me away from worrying whenever he caught me sitting alone, my eyes on the TV, but my mind else where. It baffled me everytime, how he knew I wasn't okay.

It might have been a long week, but I got to really see Cade, I got to fall even more in love with him. I noticed somethings I paid little attention to before. It had been a long week, but we got even more closer than before.

We both stepped into the elevator when he reluctantly shifted his attention from his phone, to the file on my grip. "What do you mean by complicated?"

I flipped through the diagrams of the lay out for the gallery showing.

"Um. I understand it, but that was because I was on it all through last night. It might be a little bit confusing for everyone else at the meeting, cause there are literally too many patterns in the layout, and it's hard to tell if a painting or a statue would be placed in the same lane."

He raised a brow at me. "They're smart, I'm sure they'll understand."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes at him. "Well, you didn't exactly draw it out in the way a normal smart person would understand it." I said, looking up at him.

A hint of a smile appeared on his lips as he furrowed his brows trying to look serious. "And how did I draw it?" He asked, a challenging tone lazing his voice.

I met his gaze head on. "You drew it like a mad scientist trying to get all his ideas in one book so he could work on them and earn millions as soon as possible."

His lips formed into side grin. "Exactly how I wanted it to come out."

"Really? What would you gain by confusing people?" I asked.

His shoulders lifted up an inch. "Simple, It'll only prove how smart the boss is. But it's quite impressive how you understood."

I smiled sweetly at him. "I know how your mind works Cade."

"Hm."