20

Mabel

Fifteen minutes. They've been in there for fifteen minutes. Talking about what? Who the hell's Yvonne Deere and what business does she have or want with Cade? Why did she call his name like they were old friends on the verge of reuniting their friendship, full time. Why the hell can't I just relax and stop myself from thinking of them? Maybe she was just one of his clients... Probably someone he's worked with countless of times... But I would know right? I have a list of every single person and company he has associated himself with. Why is her name still unfamiliar to me?

I sighed, raking my hands through my hair, trying so damn hard to concentrate on the file laying on my desk. I had a separate office from Uriel and Cade, still in the same floor, and just a few feet away from Cade's office. Nothing too big or too small, just a moderate size.

My eyes kept looking through my glass window, straight past Uriel's desk to the dark brown wooden door behind him.

Almost on cue, the door pulled open, and Yvonne walked out with a grin on her face. "Thanks for seeing me Cade," I heard her say, placing her long well manicured fingers on his forearm and rising a bit so her lips could reach his cheek. She gave him a polite goodbye kiss, shooting a little friendly wave to Uriel and stepped into the elevator.

You don't kiss your client. I get it, trying to be all formal and all... Something felt really wrong.

I'm definitely not one to get jealous, and even if I eventually do, I can hide it pretty smoothly. Dating a man like Cade Chesterfield, you can and should expect things like this.

My gaze shifted from the elevator towards Cade's direction, only to find that he had gone back into his office.

I sighed, taking my attention back to the file.

A notification sound from my phone broke my attention. I brought it up to my view, seeing a text from Cade.

A smile grazed my lips as I closed the file, and made my way to his office

He was leaning in front of the table when I got in, his eyes squinted, studying me like I was one of his complicated experimental file.

"You called for me, boss."

He cocked a brow. "Oh, so now I'm boss?"

A smile pulled at the side of my lips as I moved closer to him, wrapping my arms around his shoulder, and gazing up into his beautiful but mischievous eyes. "You never once failed to drill it in my head that you're the boss of me, so... Yeah, boss."