9

Mabel

The night passed by sleepless and uncomfortable, and the next morning, I found myself back at Di-glamorous, bright and early.

Last night, after he left, all I could think about was him, all I could see was the hurt in his eyes each time I told him I didn't love him.

I dreaded seeing him again, after what happened last night, after I hurt him and myself. But honestly, I had no choice, seeing him was something I couldn't avoid.

I went up the elevator to his office.

Through out the elevator ride, my heart increased in pace as I went higher and higher.

Maybe it was because I didn't know the kind of behavior to expect from him today, or maybe it was because I couldn't contain my own emotions.

Emotions that picked right up the moment he kissed me last night.

Ping

The elevator door sled open, and I stepped into the cold confinement of Uriel's office, directly in front of Cade's door.

Uriel looked up from his laptop; and immediately his eyes met mine, a bright smile pulled at his lips. "Good morning Mabel."

I returned the smile with a polite one. "Morning Uriel."

"Mr. Chesterfield has been asking after you, I was just about to give you a call... But since you're here now, you should head on to his office... I guess he has work for you."

I tried to calm my breathing. "Okay, thank you." I managed a smile.

"You're welcome Mabel."

Without further ado, I went straight towards his office. Before entering, I took in a deep breath, then pushed the door open.

Immediately, he raised his head.

"Good morning Mr-"

His eyes brightened. "Oh great, You're here." He said, getting up from his chair. "I've been waiting for you for quite a while now." He said, closing his laptop and bringing a file from his drawer.

"S-sorry to have kept you waiting, Mr-"

"Cade- please, just call me Cade." He said with an easy smile.

I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"But you said-"

"Forget about what I said, it was a stupid attempt at being formal, but I've realized over the course of time that, we can't be formal." He said. "So, it's fine, cause I'm not gonna be calling you Miss Holland." He said, stepping out from behind his table.

I noticed how casual he looked, and well... It was odd but he looked just like the Cade I used to know. He was wearing a smooth Ash Polo shirt and a three quarter, black baggy Jean. His hair was a little bit unkempt but he did look normal.

I cleared my throat in an awkward way. "Cade I don't think that would be wise, considering-"

The next thing I know, he was right in front of me, Holding my shoulder in a calm way; and that action seemed to have sent my heart into a fluttering spree. "Relax, I got your message last night... You don't want to have anything to do with me... That's cool, I'm not gonna force you into my life. I just want peace... You're working for me... I call all my employees by their first name, that's me... And you're more than just an employee to me, you know that. You don't love me, that's fine... We can still be friends... Let's just quit the whole revenge scheme part and behave like adults."