44

A/N: Do vote and Comment

Before you start, When's your birthday?

Mabel

Earlier today, I had gone shopping for an evening gown, appropriate enough to wear to an art gallery, not after giving Cade an earful when he mentioned that we were attending an art event tonight.

I settled for a midnight blue strapless gown, with high heels from one of his last years collections. He had gifted me a beautiful silver necklace that made the dress pop. I opted to tie my hair into an elegant bun, but Cade had preferred it loose, so I wore it down.

In all, I was prepared and ready to go.

I grabbed my purse and headed out of the bedroom.

Crap... earrings.

I quickly rushed back into the bed room to grab a silver pair I had brought along.

"Bel, I appreciate the fact that you're working in there to look, extraordinary, but... we're running late!"

I rolled my eyes, putting my purse under my arm as I rushed out of the bedroom again. "I forgot my earrings, sue me." I told him as I found him in the living room, putting on his black suit. He looked over at me, a smile spreading across his lips.

"You look lovely." He complimented, adoration shinning in his eyes.

"You look lovely too."

He walked over to me, holding my waist and pulling me to his body. "Lovely enough to stand beside you?"

"Yes, just about enough."

He grinned. "Lovely."

Our lips met each other's, and just like always, I didn't want to pull away. "We could just stay indoors." I suggested.

He shook his head. "Tonight, is important." He told me.

I pulled back slightly, scrutinizing him with my gaze. "You promised we wouldn't let work interfere with our holiday, Cade."

"I promise it's not work." He injected immediately. "Just beautiful arts waiting to be seen by us. I've always wanted to go to one of these with you, and I'm fulfilling that dream."

I believed him.

"Okay, fine... but if I sense that you're lying at some point, you'll get it."

He shot me a playful smile. "Get what?"

"These hands."

"Okay then, with pleasure." His smile turned into a teasing grin.

"Oh my God, you're such a pain."

____

It was extravagant, alright.

Sophisticated people stood elegantly looking at art works, talking to possible investors, drinking wine and having a great time.

I should write a book. "Things Rich People Do For Fun."

"I've been looking forward to this event for months now." Cade said, sounding pretty excited beside me.

"Is there a section for EA?" I asked, looking up at him.

"No," he answered. "I'll book a spot next year for it... I'm still trying to score myself a really talented artist who seems to hate rich people."

"Do I know this person?" I asked.

"No, but I do hope you meet him soon." He told me. "I also wanted to get another artist, whose art is just so—different from anything I've ever seen, but it's difficult. He's already been scouted by a really popular art agency here... I hate the way they're all so quick in finding these talented people."