13

Mabel

"Cole?"

My eyes raised up an inch to stare widely at Cade who looked equally surprised. I gulped down, ignoring the rushed rhythm my heart had decided to pull. "Cole? Wha- How are you calling me right now? Where- where are you? I thought- I thought Laross-"

"Relax Mi joya, I'm fine. I escaped from Laross and I'm somewhere safe now."

My brows furrowed in confusion. Escape from Laross? Thats impossible.

"What do you mean escape from Laross? How did you escape? Where the hell are you?"

"Vino" he said.

Her heart dropped so low into my stomach. Vino? "Vino Cole? Out of all the places in Mexico City, Vino? That place is crawling with bad guys... Cole, you can't stay there, Laross is going to find you, you have to run-"

"Where I am is safe, trust me. Are you okay? Laross told me he paid you a visit, I was worried sick about you."

"I'm fine. But you're not, you need to leave."

"I can't leave. Listen Mi joya, now is not the time for this okay, you have to protect yourself because when Laross finds out about my escape, the next target would be you. Although I'm on the verge of taking care of everything, but I can't take any chances, you need to change location."

My eyes shifted to Cades' confused one.

I guess his head was also trying to figure out what Cole meant by being on the verge of taking care of everything.

"What do you mean by on the verge of taking care of everything?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter, just trust me, and change locations, okay?"

There was that tone in his voice that told me the conversation was over.

"I'll call to check up on you later, I've got to go."

My eyes widened as I shook my head, ignoring the fact that he couldn't even see me. "No wait!"

The line went dead.

"Damn it Cole." I hissed, throwing my phone on the couch, and pulling my hair from my face angrily.

"Well he's fine." Cade voiced out.

I shook my head, pacing back and forth. "No he's not, Cade. Vino isn't a really cool place. That city is crawling with guys like Laross and guys even worse than Laross. Nothing good can come out of him being there, and I know it deep down that he's mixed up with some other bad guys. I know Cole. I know when he's uncomfortable, or when he's in trouble. He's going to put himself in more trouble, I can't afford-"

"Hey." Cade said, his voice closer than it had been before. He placed his hand on my shoulder, turning me to face him. "Breathe."

I sighed, trying to stop over thinking things.

But who wouldn't? Vino was the epitome of bad news.

"I know you think Cole's in big trouble, and there's something you should do about it, something you should do to make it all better. Trust me, I've been there, infact, there are somethings I wish I could change from my past, somethings I know that deep down, it was all my fault. Somethings that I wish I shouldn't have done-"

"Like meeting me?" I found myself saying.

He shook his head. "No. No Mabel. Meeting you was one of the best thing that ever happened to me. And I won't change that for the world."