26

Mabel

Sometimes, I forget how popular the Chesterfields are, probably because I'm dating one of them, but on our way to Sparks, it was literally them on every bill board, most especially Rhea's face adorned with beautiful make up, her signature blue eyes, crimson lipstick and platinum blonde hair always styled like those beautiful 90s women. As Cade drove, the city flashed by. My eyes glued to every billboard. I saw one with Cade Elroy and Damien with similar ash shirts and black three quarter shorts. I knew that particular shoot happened recently, cause I knew the day Cade wore that. I marveled at the other advertisments on the billboards, my eyes catching one with Fay and Rhea. Fay's brown hair fell straightly down her back as she applied lipstick to a smiling Rhea's face.

Both of them had their own unique beauty, one that I'm not sure I could compete with. They had this beautiful radiance to them... It made me feel as though I wasn't supposed to even know them or talk to them or even have a relationship with the ones who carried that mighty name.

My hand rested on my chin as I stared out the window. Two years ago, I had been so jealous of Rhea, I mean her life was everything I ever wanted. She was perfect, her smile her face her everything was perfect. Although, I couldn't say much for her character cause she literally looked like someone walking on silver glass, her head always held high and her pride surrounding her like a thick cloak. She never did like me, why? Because for some reasons, she knew I was only with Cade for his money.

So she never did fail to point that out to me whenever we catch ourselves alone.

She was like this perfect princess, someone incapable of making mistakes. She didn't have that model figure like Fay did, she wasn't tall, but she had a slim figure. Her charm according to her, made the Chesterfields take a special liken to her. They never really liked her mother though, cause she looked like a blonde hawk ready to claw her way into any pocket with enough dollar in it.

Rhea had always disliked me, but I on the other hand, didn't, I wanted to get to know her, like the real her, not the picture perfect she always is. Although it suited her personality, but- I knew she couldn't be all roses and bloom.

The few times I did see her two years ago, she always made extra efforts to be perfect whenever her Mom was around the area.

The relationship she-

"Bel?"

Cade's voice brought me out of my reverie.

I tore my eyes from the window. "Yeah?"

"You're okay?"

I nodded with a smile. "I'm fine." I said, my eyes going back to the window. "I just keep forgetting how much your family has influenced the world."

He smiled. "My parents are to thank for that, not us... We're just carrying the legacy."

"No... You're making the legacy." I said. "I feel bad."

"Why?"

"How much damage did I create for you? I'm sure it must have been a big scandal."

He shrugged. "I've faced worse. Imagine visiting an orphanage home and taking cute pictures with all the teens and kids, girls especially, and waking up the next morning to read the headlines, Cade Chesterfield, a pedophile?"