10

Cade

 I made my way into Elroy's house, knowing fully well he wouldn't really appreciate my visit... But hell, I had to see how he was doing and also, I needed advice; and honestly, Elroy wasn't the best at giving advices. There's a 99% of chance he wouldn't listen to me.

But I had to try first, right? Since Damien would only tell me what I was supposed to do, and not the opposite.

I found him at the terrace, just staring out into the midnight sky with a glass of his infamous strawberry flavored wine on right grip, while his other hand was dug low into the pocket of his sweatpants, which was coupled with a white T-shirt.

Without a word, I stood beside him, dipping both hands into my pockets, wondering what was so calming about the atmosphere that seemed to place such calm look on his bruised face.

"I don't speak silence, Cade. Why are you here?" He suddenly said out of nowhere, his eyes not even meeting mine.

"So you knew I was here, the whole time? I could have sworn you looked lost in your own thoughts." I said.

"Hm." Was his response.

After that, nothing came forth.

I rolled my eyes. "Where's Fay?"

"She left." He said.

"Left? What do you mean? Didn't the plan work?"

"It worked." He said, finally turning towards me with a blank look on his face. "That's why she left." He said, emphasizing on the 'that' like I wouldn't understand or something...

I narrowed my eyes. "I know, but I didn't think she'd leave immediately? I mean... She literally just found out that Lucas is a complete asshole."

"Yeah... But then, we can't let him know that she knows, that's why she left."

I frowned. "I understand, stop talking to me like I'm some ten year old trying to understand how Twitter works."

He looked away. "Why are you here?"

I shrugged. "Wanted to check up on you, I guess."

With that, he turned his attention back to me. "Okay, I'll ask again, and pretend like you didn't try to pretend to actually care about me... Why are you here?"

My jaw clenched, and I fought the urge to just walk away and pretend like we actually weren't having this discussion, I'm sure he'd like that.

I took in a deep breath, and finally stated the real reason why I decided to take a U-turn from Mabel's apartment.

"I need your advice."

"Oh, yikes... You wasted your time bro, I'm not the man for that job right now." He said, taking a sip from his wine.

"Come on El-"

"You know better than anyone else that Damien's the right guy for that job... Not me."

"I don't want Damien's advice, I want yours." I said.