46

A/N: Remember, comments bring forth quicker updates, so do comments your thoughts as you read, ily :>

Before you start, How's your December going?

Mabel

I'm sure he saw the confusion in my eyes, I didn't want to believe the truth I saw in his eyes, so I remained indifferent, refusing to show emotion, to show that he could have probably broken me with what he had just revealed.

"I don't think I've ever really talked about it... how I was after you left me. it was terrible, Mabel... I thought different things, imagined different scenarios. I couldn't even believe it... I just couldn't believe you would hurt me like that... what we shared was so perfect... and then, I thought, maybe it was perfect because it wasn't real. I didn't only fight with everyone around me... I beat myself every day, I blamed and hit myself for being so stupid, and then I would beat myself for those thoughts, because, despite the pain, I still loved you."

I couldn't hold back the tears.

"It continued on for 2 years, I was miserable for two years... I became a stranger to my family, and everything just didn't matter anymore... But then, one day, you showed up... and all I could think of was how perfect you looked... how well, and in shape, like we never happened. Like two years didn't pass. It hurt me, and I just thought... maybe she needs to go through what I went through, maybe then... only then she would know what it was like for me."

God.

"I thought I would be free of you when you finally realized what you did to me... so I pretended for a short while... and I treated you terribly... and I was mean... I didn't know what you had been going through, I didn't know you were pregnant, I didn't know you felt it too... I made you the villain, and I hurt you."

"Cade—"

He cupped my face tenderly in his hands. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry for thinking that way, for hurting you with my thoughts, my intensions. But I swear to you... when you told me about the reason why you left, that day... I couldn't bring myself to carrying on with my plans. I didn't even think it was possible to love someone more than you did in the past."

"I'm not—"

"The painting... that was you, right? In the hospital?"

I closed my eyes, feeling my tears slide down my cheeks. "None of it was your fault, Cade."

"I wished... day and night that you suffered, and felt the pain that I was feeling... I was so stupid thinking you didn't care... but you did... And you went through so much on your own, and then I had the nerve to even think these thoughts about you—"

"Cade!" I yelled.

He went quiet.

I sighed. "I really don't deserve you, do I?" I smiled at him, wrapping my arms around his body. "It's totally normal for you to want to get revenge, what I did was unforgivable, and I deserved everything I got... no regrets, remember? What we faced then, is what brought us here, to each other, to now."

He held me tighter. "I want to be as brave as you... it's probably one thing I envy about you... I could never have gone through what you went through and live to see this day."

"Don't think so highly of me... I'm sure that if you—" I pulled away, looking up at him. "There's something you should know."

His brows came down in confusion. "What is it?"

I sniffed in, hugging his jacket closely. "Remember that night I sent you a voice mail, and I told you that I wanted to tell you something important?"