24

Mabel

I pressed my phone to my ear, supporting it with my shoulder as I got myself busy with organising the files in Cade's Study. Apparently, I fixed Sundays for sorting out files and since he was busy in the kitchen replying to emails and at the same time, having a video meeting with Uriel about their new lunch. Things had been way better than before, I'd assured Melissa few days ago that Cade and I were now cool, although that didn't stop her from worrying, Cade and I spent half of yesterday at the Chesterfield mansion with her, when she saw everything was fine, she had given me a sated smile.

"Are you still there?" Neha's voice reached my ear through the speaker.

"Yes, you were saying something about your Mom and a second marriage?"

"Yes yes. I'll have to fly back to India. She's been calling me non stop. She really loves this Ajay guy. They have been best friends since highschool days, and ever since my Dad filed a divorce, my Mom has been seeing Ajay, behind my back... Can you believe it?!"

I chuckled. "Maybe they're meant to be. You can't tell."

"Mm, yes... Just like you and Cade."

A smile reached my lips at her words. "Yeah."

"Oh, Mabel! I can't wait to find my own man! Honestly no one's even looking my way."

"How about Justin. You both-"

"Don't you even dare! Justin is dead to me."

"That's why you still have pictures of him on your phone and laptop... Don't forget the frames hanging on your wall."

Even without being there, I knew she was rolling her eyes at this moment. "They beautify my house... Besides they were shots taken from my first camera ever... I'm not just going to throw them away."

I chuckled. She and Justin were partners in her working place, where they both worked as host to the Good Morning Miami show.

I remember once when I asked her why she stayed in that small apartment complex when she could actually afford a penthouse. But she told me she was used to the apartment since it was small and she wouldn't get easily spooked out by any noise.