45

A/N: Remember, comments bring forth quicker updates, so do comments your thoughts as you read, ily :>

Before you start, Do you have siblings and are they as annoying as my sister is?

Mabel

He looked at me like I was crazy, and I just knew I should have told him everything back then, but it just hurt to talk about what I had left behind, but I had shut him out, allowing him assume whatever he wanted to.

"Explain now. I don't understand, why him of all people?"

I sighed. "He's not the bad guy, Cole. I left him."

"He ruined your life! Knocked you up, and didn't bother to send a fucking post-card. He ruined our relationship."

"He didn't know... he didn't know about the baby, Cole... I couldn't tell him... I was so unsure of my decisions and... I didn't think... I didn't think of what it would have meant to him... I just knew I couldn't look at him, knowing what I did to him. I stole his money, Cole... I left him standing at the freaking altar, I ruined his life, not the other way around."

Antonio frowned. "He doesn't look ruined to me."

"You can't think like that... the past few months have been tough for both me and Cade, but despite it all, we both found our way back to each other." I told him.

He looked away, jaw hard.

"Antonio—"

He looked back at me harshly. "You're still an idiot if you think he gives a damn about you... can't you see it? He's out for revenge. No one could ever get back from that... if I were him, I—you would be fish food."

I refrained from chuckling. "Cade loves me, and yes, it doesn't seem like I deserve it, maybe I don't, but—I love him too, I've always loved him, and hell If it's revenge, I'd still be glad that I got to experience that at least."

He sighed in defeat. "I just don't want to see you get hurt, the last thing I need is blood on my hands."

I smiled. "I promise you have nothing to worry about. I don't know how, but—I feel like the universe has forgiven me for all the wrong I did... things just seem to be going so great... for both of us."

He returned the smile. "Yeah? I have a penthouse that I share with some mutual friends here, and uh... I'm thinking of starting college."

My eyes welled up. "For real? You wanna go back to school?"

He nodded. "Yeah, there are a lot of things I don't know about art, and I really want to know more."

I blinked, allowing the tears fall.

"Mi joya," he chuckled. "I'm not getting married; I'm just going off to college."

I grinned. "Don't mind it, pregnancy hormones, everything makes me cry."

He paused, his eyes moving to my stomach.

I offered him a small smile. "Yeah, I'm pregnant."

He took in a breath... "Wow... you're really into this guy, aren't you?"

"Yeah, and I think he's pretty much into me too."

Antonio smiled. "Too bad I understand that feeling..."

"Too bad I didn't understand that feeling when you were going through it, I'm sorry."

"Nah, it's fine. Done with all things love... it's just me and my paintings now."