28

Mabel

Quickly, I reapplied my lipstick with one hand, the other trying to button up my blouse. My gaze watched Cades' calm eyes, staring at me from the reflection of the mirror. He had a small smile playing on his lips as he leaned on the wall, his hands shoved inside the pocket of his slacks, his white button up shirt was rolled up to his elbow, untucked from his slacks and a little bit rough. His tie was probably somewhere on the ground. I don't know, we came in here in a rush and our attention wasn't on anything else asides from each other.

"What's with that smug look on your face? Get properly dressed. Grandma's birthday's happening outside, and I don't want people to start putting two and two together, when they notice our absence."

He lifted himself, coming to wrap his arms around me from behind. "And so what if they put two and two together?"

I tried to shrug him off. "Cade, come on."

"You were the one who wanted to have sex in the middle of a party Mabel, you brought the idea... I believe, daring and scandalous were the terms you used."

"Yes it was, bu-"

"Lovely, Bel... And I loved it. And don't worry, Grandma understands." He said, placing a kiss below my ear.

"I love it too, Cade... But let's never do this again, I don't know what I was thinking. Every member of your family is literally down stairs. The ones that partially like me, and the ones that hate my guts. So let's vow to never do this." I said in a rush, placing my lipstick right at a small pocket inside my bag.

"Vow?" He asked with scrunched brows. "I'm afraid the only vows I'd be willing to take and keep are the infamous ones required to be said at a wedding." He murmured against my neck.

And just like that, my mood deflated... Wedding vows, the ones I never got to say to him. The ones I ran away from.

Will he ever propose again? Or is the former proposal still valid? Is he scared of proposing?

It's been over two months and a few weeks since we got back together... I know I should be patient but... I really can't stop myself from thinking about it.

Thinking about the 'what ifs' of my actions. If I hadn't left, we'd have been one happy family, if I hadn't left, I wouldn't worry over the thought of him never proposing anymore.

"What's wrong?" He asked worry bringing down his brows.

I caught myself, forcing a smile to my face and quickly zipping my bag, turning to face him. "Nothing, let's head back downstairs." I said, trying to escape his penetrating gaze, but his hands came down on either side of me, blocking any route I once had to escape through.

I swallowed, my eyes raising to meet his.

"Cade, seriously it's-"

"When do you plan to end this never ending circle, Mabel? If something's up with you, you can always tell me." His voice was so tender it warmed my heart.

"I know, trust me... But nothing's wrong-"

"Is it about the wedding vow thing I said? Did that change your mood?"