41

A/N: Do vote and Comment

Before you start, what's the name of your first crush?

Mabel

My fiancé was driving around in circles.

"Okay, I don't want to be that person but... I think we're lost Cade, why don't we just turn on the GPS and neglect the map, hm?" I told him softly, I didn't want to ruin his whole road trip vibe.

He stole a glance my way, giving me a look, one that told me he didn't appreciate me pointing that out. "What's a road trip without a map?"

"I know, Cade... but we're lost."

"We're not... we're perfectly where we're meant to be."

I looked out the window as we drove through what seemed to be a lonely highway, no cars coming from behind us, or from the front, no street lights, no gas station or convenient store, just dried grasses under a dull orange sky. "Uh... in the middle of nowhere?"

He groaned, turning the steering wheel as he drove us right out of lane and to the side of the road, it was almost 6PM and the clouds were beginning to disappear.

He turned off the engine.

"We could just—drive back and make use of the GPS?" I suggested.

"Nope, we're camping out here tonight." He said, shooting me a grin before he opened his side door and got out of the car.

I furrowed my brows, knowing I had heard him right.

But.

What?

I got out of the car too, the wind teasing my hair as it danced all over my face, my sunshades barely holding the curls at bay. I walked to where he was hunched over, leaning down to the boot, and taking out blankets. "What are you doing?"

"Making camp." He said, walking away from me to spread the blankets on the bare grass.

I followed him. "In the middle of nowhere?"

"Yup."

"Are you insane?"

"Of course, not... learn to live a little, Gabby." He winked; walking pass me to grab more things from the boot of the car.

"I'm not in support of this." I told him, gesturing with my hands as he started setting up the camp. "Whatever it is you're doing."

He sighed, coming to stand in front of me. He pulled me closer to him, a smile on his lips. "It's a road trip, baby. We're making memories."

"I totally love that, in fact, you have no idea how much I do,  but we're in the middle of nowhere, Cade, and it's about to get dark..."

"You don't have to be scared, I'm here."

"I'm not scared for me; I'm scared for you."

He frowned. "Excuse me, This isn't my first road trip."

I raised a brow at him. "Really? You think you can handle sleeping under the naked sky? Trust me, it isn't as romantic as you think it is, it's cold, it's lonely, and it's traumatizing."

"Why don't I change your perspective of that?" he said, tucking my hair behind my ear. "I know you've been through a lot, but trust me when I say, this would be worth it... I just want some real alone time with you, and our baby."

I smiled. "Fine... lead the night, Chesterfield."

He kissed me.

And I knew.