39

A/N: Do vote and Comment

Before you start, what's that word you can't go a day without saying? I wanna know!

Mabel

I didn't exactly know what was happening, but the smile he gave me was very familiar. It wasn't that sinister smile that had you wondering how many minutes you have left in the world, or the bone crushing one he would give when he was about to do something you know would cost a great deal of pain to you, or anyone close to you; rather, it was his easy smile, the one he had reserved for people closest to him, people he had no intention of hurting or ever causing harm. This was the smile he would always give me when we were still together.

I swallowed, still retaining my hold on the gun, I wasn't foolish enough to let go.

He got to his feet, making a few steps closer to where I stood, still firmly holding the gun to him.

"Relax, Mi Amor, I'm not here to hurt you... I could never, even if I tried." He said, raising the picture he held, to my view. "I doubt it you know anything about this picture." He said.

My gaze shifted to the picture he held... it was a black and white picture, and I could see myself all curled up and fast asleep on his bed, the white covers reaching my chest.

"I took it when you were asleep." He chuckled. "I was such a love sick idiot over you."

"What do you want?" I found my voice. "If it's the money, just leave... I'll send it over tomorrow."

"The money?" he asked, giving me an incredulous look. "You think I did all this for such little amount? That I chased you from country to country for money? It's quite dauting that you think I would go through that much trouble for money, when you know perfectly well that money isn't my problem. It has never been my problem." He cleared up, leaving me confused.

"So why then?"

"I wanted you back. It's as simple as that. Helping Cole off his debt was nothing... I did it because I cared about you both... I was never going to hurt him."

"It didn't seem like that, Laross. You gave me 24 hours to get the money, or you'd kill Cole."

He shook his head. "Empty threats, Mi Amor. Empty threats. I thought you were going to come back to me, just like you did the first time. When I didn't see you, I knew then and there that I had lost you." He let out. "I knew I could never get you back, and I decided to let go, even though it hurt like a bitch." He said, walking away from me, and sitting on the edge of my bed.

Slowly, I lowered the gun.

"I let Cole go... reduced the security, and told my men to stand down when they caught him escaping. I saw no reason to hold him down any longer, so I let him be."

He slowly dropped the picture by his other side. "I came to give you this." he said, motioning to the picture. "I should stop holding on to you... and learn to sleep on my own again."

I blinked, dropping the gun completely. "What do you mean?"

He smiled. "You know how I used to have problems sleeping? With the nightmares? You remember how I used to sleep much better with you by my side?"

I let out a shaky breath as I nodded, walking over to his side, picking up the picture and sitting beside him.

"I would hold on to that picture, and sleeping would suddenly feel so much better. As long as I had the picture, I had no nightmares... I even tried sleeping without it once and it didn't work, I couldn't even close my eyes."