Lucky Compass 2 Part 25

Pulling up to the Redfield Lighthouse the five friends jumped from the van.  Staring up at the lighthouse Coral had a bad feeling, "JB, I don't want to go up there," she decided.

"Coral," her brother began before being interrupted by JJ.  "She doesn't have to go," he stated stepping in front of her and giving John B a challenging look.

"Fine," he relented rolling his eyes, "We'll meet back at Heyward's if we get separated.  You three stay here," he said pointing to the couple and Pope.  "Why do I have to stay?" questioned Pope.

"To keep them from fucking in the van," John B retorted over his shoulder as he and Kie jumped the small fence surrounding the lighthouse yard.  

"You're about a piece of shit, JB," Coral yelled after her laughing brother, "He's such a dick," she muttered.

"Well I'm gonna work on my scholarship essay," Pope announced, "Inside the van so I don't want to here any moaning out here," he told them walking back to the van.  

"You're not funny," JJ responded picking up a pine cone and lobbing it at the boy's back as he walked away.

"Our friends suck," Coral stated with her arms crossed as JJ turned towards her.  "They're just jealous they're not getting some on a regular basis," he replied.

Tilting her head she looked up at the boy, "You know you're kind of a pig too."

Smiling he uncrossed her arms and pulled her into a hug, "But I'm your pig," he responded, kissing her neck.  Humming Coral smiled, "Yeah I guess you are."

"Baby, you okay?" he asked pulling away slightly so he could look down at her upturned face.

"I don't know," she answered honestly.  "I don't like what this stress does to you.  Getting sick like you've been.  It's not okay," he told her in concern.

"It's just my anxiety," she told him.

"I know.  You haven't been like this in years.  Since your mom left," he remembered.

"Well JB chasing ghosts and having rando guys shooting at us and then ransacking the house isn't really helping with my anxiety."

"I bet I know what would help you," he smirked leaning down to kiss her.  Giggling Coral wrapped her arms around his neck, "I bet if we moan loud enough we could make Pope freak out."

"That's not necessary," Pope stated from behind JJ.  

Groaning JJ looked over his shoulder, "Can we help you?  Can't you see we're busy?"

"I don't care.  I'm not listening to your porno so find something else to do," Pope told them crossing his arms as he stared at the couple. 

Rolling his eyes JJ relented, "Fine," he said before dropping his arms from around Coral and pulling out a hackey sack from his pocket, "Does this meet your approval?" he asked kicking the small ball towards Pope who kept it in the air and kicked it back.

"Yeah, I'm not playing with a little beanie ball," Coral declared, "I'll be taking a nap in the van," she decided before walking over to the van and sliding the back door open.

No sooner did she climb inside when the sounds of police sirens could be heard.  Poking her head back out of the van she could see two cop cars coming out of the tree line.  JJ and Pope were already running for the van.

Climbing into the drivers seat JJ twisted the key in the ignition before stomping on the gas, "JJ, what about John B and Kie?" Coral questioned, looking out the back window towards the lighthouse, "He can't get arrested."