Parcel 9 (2) Part 34

"We'll meet you back at the house," Coral called to her brother as she and JJ jumped out of the back of the van.

After leaving The Crain house, JJ had John B drive past Heyward's to get his dirt bike before Heyward threw it in the marsh.  After picking up a few groceries and assuring Heyward that she was doing okay they were finally on their way back to the house.

Pulling up to The Chateau Coral jumped off the bike, "John B's probably irritated that we took so long," she said as JJ took her hand and they headed for the back porch where they found Pope and Kie.

"Where's John B?" Coral asked, confused, setting her grocery bag on the outside table.

Perched on a stool in the corner Pope shrugged, "He took off as soon as we got here.  Said he had to go get something and he'd be back," he answered.

"If that's not sketchy," JJ muttered plopping down on the recliner before pulling Coral down with him.  "Maybe he had to go back to Tannyhill for something," she said leaning her head against his.

"Yeah, like Sarah fucking Cameron," Kie announced, looking out the screened in porch to the back yard where the two were walking towards the house.

"No effing way!" Kie exclaimed after John B suggested that Sarah come along when they went back for the gold that night, "So what, now she's in on this?"

Looking over at the three sitting off to the side for help John B raised his eyebrows.  "I dunno," Pope shrugged. 

"Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share," JJ said looking at John B.  "JJ, you're not helping," Coral whispered.

"You know I don't remember taking a vote.  This is our thing," Kie said angrily, pointing between the five of them, "A pogue thing."

"JB, all this fighting is making me uncomfortable," Coral spoke up. 

"When are you not uncomfortable, Coralina? Go take a pill," John B snapped at her. 

"Hey, don't talk to her like that," JJ cut in.

"You know we were all very comfortable until you brought her here," Kie chimed in, glaring at Sarah.

"Look can we not fight?" Coral demanded standing from JJ's lap, "Kie, we wouldn't even have this thing if it wasn't for John B so maybe it should be his decision.

"Thank you!" her brother exclaimed.  "I wasn't saying it to help you," Coral snapped at him irritated with the way he'd spoken to her.

"No, you don't know her.  She's a liar," Kie responded, turning to Coral.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah exclaimed.  "Then leave," Kie retorted.

Scoffing Sarah turned to John B, "I told you."