Happy Anniversary 2 Part 75

"You didn't tell me the douche was gonna be here," Coral said, noticing Topper mingling with party guests.

"My parent's invited the whole island," Kie responded.

Humming, Coral looked around, "I don't see the Haywards," she stated.

Glancing around, Kie wrinkled her nose, "I'm sure they were invited."

"Probably," Coral agreed, "Pope's been like MIA. I texted him last night and got no response. JJ said he went off the deep end when he found out about what Rafe did to the cross. I guess Cleo talked him down."

"It's so messed up what Rafe did."

"What did Rafe do?" asked a voice from behind them. Turning they found Sarah standing behind them with a wine glass already in hand.

Looking around the party crowd Kie suggested they go somewhere more private.

"Sounds like a plan. I've gotta tell you two what I found out," Sarah told them as Kie led them through the crowd to one of the standing tables set up on the perimeter of the party.

"So, what did my brother do?"

"He stole the cross. Replaced it with the crate of tires, and then melted it down into smaller bars of gold," Coral told her.

"Oh God, does Pope know?"

"He does," Kie confirmed, "He's with Cleo as far as we know."

"My whole family is toxic," Sarah said, "So, why stop with just Rafe? The text from Wheezie was actually Ward. He's here. On OBX," she told them.

"Of course, he is," Coral responded, rolling her eyes.

"Are you kidding me Sarah? That doesn't even make sense. Wards on this island? Like, the same island we are on?" Kie questioned in disbelief.

"Yes, he's back," Sarah confirmed, nodding.

"The second I see him, I'm turning him in, I swear."

"I'll call Shoupe for you," Coral told Kie, smiling at the idea of Ward being arrested.

"I swear, I don't know how you do it, Sarah. Every time I wanna complain about my dad, I just think about your dad."

"Oh, glad to be of service," Sarah replied, sarcastically poking Kie in the shoulder.

"Works every time," Kie laughed.

Laughing, Sarah took a sip of her drink before nearly choking on it, "You didn't tell me Topper was gonna be here," she said, catching sight of Topper in the crowd.

"Anna and Mike invited the whole island. Why is that a problem for you, Sarah?" Coral questioned, wincing as Kie kicked her from under the table.

"Of course not," Sarah answered quickly, "Shit, he's coming over. Just be nice," she told Kie and Coral.