Happy Anniversary Part 74

"Okay, JB, you gotta start at the beginning and tell us everything," Coral demanded.

Sighing, he nodded, "It started in Barbados," he began, "Before we left, we went to this art place or something where dad was keeping this thing called a Gnoman. It's the Gnoman of Solana."

"That's the thing he was fondling in the kitchen?" Coral questioned, remembering catching her father with some old looking relic.

"Most likely," he responded, "Anyway we only had half of it, so Dad needed Denmark's diary. I didn't lie about that, the copy we had was destroyed, so we went to Mr. Sunn's to get the original."

"The history teacher?" JJ interrupted

"Yes," John B answered, "Can we hold the questions till I'm done? So, at Sunn's, we found him tied up. That's where the guys from the Coastal Venture come in. They took the diary, but we chased them down out on the water. Dad was trying to make a deal with them, but he ended up, well you know. He dumped them overboard," he told them.

Shuddering, Coral leaned farther into JJ as her brother continued, "Dad figured out we needed to go to Charleston. It wasn't a dead end like I told you. We found the other part of the Gnoman, and then Limbry found us. She wanted the shroud from the cross. Dad lied to her, so she'll probably come after us eventually too. Anyway, we came back here and after everyone left yesterday, we went to one of Dad's old colleagues. Found out she died, but before that she was on a dig in a South American jungle which then led us to another one of Dad's people, Professor Sowell. It was there that Singh caught up with us but not before Sowell showed us this drawing of something called the Temalacati. This thing, Dad said, is like a sundial or something. We put the Gnoman into it and it somehow leads to El Dorado."

"Are you done?" JJ asked, "Cuz I have a ton of questions."

"Starting with do you think Daddy is okay?" Coral chimed in

"I think so," John B answered, "You know Dad he's a survivor," he assured her, "Made Singh think he needed him to decipher the Gnoman. I'm thinking he could ride that for a while."