Tapping the Rudder Part 76

Ding....Ding.....Ding, Ding

Groaning, Coral opened her eyes listening to the sounds of the bell outside.

"What is that psycho doing?" JJ grumbled burrowing his head under his pillow.

"Apparently he wants to make sure I'm truly pissed at him," she answered, rolling out of bed. Lifting her window open she leaned out and shouted at her brother, "Will you stop that fucking racket!"

Slamming the window shut, she turned to look at JJ, "You might want to get up to keep me from committing murder," she stated before flinging her door open and marching down the hall. She reached the back screened in porch at the same time her brother was coming in from the yard, "Did you not get the memo last night that I'm already pissed at you. You're just adding fuel to the fire," she said, waving her hand towards the yard where the bell sat.

"I don't know why you're so mad at me."

Scoffing, Coral rolled her eyes, "Oh, I don't know, maybe cuz you laid Topper out in front of literally the entire island, including my boss, who is most likely going to fire me!"

"You work too hard anyway," JJ said, yawning as he came out of the house and plopped down on the couch.

"That is not the point JJ!"

"So, you're telling me that if JJ cheated on you you wouldn't lay that chick out?" John B questioned.

"Oh, I'd for sure kill them both, but I'd do it where there's not an entire island full of witnesses!" she exclaimed.

"Plus, that would never happen, Dude," JJ commented, blowing Coral a kiss.

"Well, sorry I couldn't help it," John B said, shrugging, "It's just something about the dude's face, you know? Like the whole, "No hard feelings, bro." You know what I'm saying?"

"No hard feelings," JJ snorted, "It's kinda hard not to have hard feelings about that."

"It's just that...that look. That Kook look, you know?"

"It was clear provucation."

"Provocation," Coral supplied.

"Provocation," JJ corrected, blowing her another kiss, "And, uh, I mean, you had to do what you had to do. No choice about it."

"Thank you," John B said, throwing his hands up in the air, "No choice," he repeated, sticking his tongue out at his sister, "Now we gotta figure out a plan to get to South America, like, yesterday. They've got dad," he reminded them before walking into the house.

"You know that would, like, never happen though, right?" JJ questioned, getting up from the couch and walking over to Coral.

"I know," she assured him, "Cuz I would actually shoot your dick off," she told him, patting his crotch before following her brother into the house.

"As long as we're clear on that," he said before turning and following her inside, "Any chance you're feeling the urge to make breakfast?" he asked as they walked into the kitchen to find John B already rummaging through the fridge.

Pushing her brother out of the way she reached in for the carton of eggs, "What's the plan to get to South America?"

"So, I was thinking passports," John B answered.

"We don't have passports."

"Fully aware of that Coralina. Now as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, we don't have those. Therefore, we can't fly commercial."

"If you know that's not an option why say it?" Coral questioned, getting the frying pan from the dish strainer and setting it on the stove, "I mean, seriously, what a waste of breath " she muttered, turning the stove on.