Our Secret May Part 14

Walking into The Wreck Coralina waved to Kie's dad, "Does it matter where we sit?" she asked. "No, I'll let Kie know you're here," he answered, walking towards the kitchen area.

Leading John B and JJ through the restaurant she sat down at one of the back booths as JJ slid in next to her and John B sat across from her. "Is Pope coming tonight?" John B asked.

"He has a shift till ten and then he's meeting us at Olivia's," JJ answered, picking up a menu. "Baby, are you really looking at a menu? You get the same thing every time we come in here since we were eleven," Coral commented, drumming her fingernails on the table.

"In fact let me out so I can get us drinks," she told him, tapping him on the shoulder. Smiling at her he told her to climb over. Glaring at the boy Coral licked her lips before leaning next to his ear, "If you don't want me to stop googling you're gonna let me out of this booth," she whispered.

Jumping up JJ held his hands up, "I'm up," he exclaimed as Coral slid out of the booth. Patting his cheek Coral smiled, "Glad you saw it my way. JB, you want a coke?" she asked looking over her shoulder at her brother.

"Yeah," he grunted, not looking up from his phone. Rolling her eyes Coral pressed herself against JJ, "I bet you could fuck me right on the table and he wouldn't even flinch," she stage whispered, as JJ choked.

"For fucks sake, Coral. Keep pushing me," John B threatened, as she laughed. "Just making sure you're paying attention," she smiled widely as she danced away to get their drinks.

"You two give me a fucking headache," John B snapped at JJ. "She's pissed off at you, Dude," JJ responded, shrugging.

"I'm not the one who fucking lied," he reminded his friend. Taking his snapback off JJ ran his hand through his hair before putting his hat back on, "You gotta let this go, Man. I know you're both stubborn as fuck, but she's already lost her dad and uncle. She can't lose you too," JJ told him, harshly.

Scrubbing his hands down his face John B was silent for a few minutes before finally nodding, "Yeah, okay," he responded, as Coral came back with a tray of drinks. "Kie said she put in our order and it should be out in a few minutes," Coral told the boys sliding in next to JJ.

"I wanted something different," JJ whined, flapping the menu back and forth. Grabbing the menu Coral placed it back in its holder, "No you don't. You'll look at that for twenty minutes and then order the damn shrimp and grits like always, JB will get the double cheeseburger, and I'll get the chicken fingers. Nothing's changed in five years," she snapped.

Woah, tone down the tude there Baby Girl, what's up?" JJ questioned running a hand down Coral's hair. Shaking her head Coral apologized, "Sorry, I'm just tired. You went home last night and I don't sleep well when you're gone."

Studying her face he could tell it was more than that but let it go as he held his arms out, "Well I'm staying over tonight so you'll get plenty of sleep," he told her as she slid closer and he wrapped his arms around her, "Or not," he whispered in her ear, causing her to giggle.

"See that right there is what I can't handle," John B spoke up, "It's fucking weird having my sister and best friend all, like, coupley," he said waving his hand around at them.

Leaning her head on JJ's shoulder Coralina glared at her brother, "Why is it so hard for you to just be happy for us? Pope and Kie are."

"Honestly, I don't know. Maybe because it's always been the three of us, and now I see it changing to just the two of you," he answered, shrugging.

"John B, Dude, it's always going to be the three of us. The original Pogues no matter what," JJ stated as he and John B did their little bro handshake.