Spy Games 1 Part 29

"It's not there.  Just bring the drone back up," John B told Pope angrily.

"We can do another pass.  Recharge the battery," Pope offered, "We can go back down," he said as John B paced.

"Guys, we've been through it three times.  There's nothing down there," JJ called over his shoulder from the wheelhouse.

"JJ," Coral hissed as Kie yelled at him to shut up. 

Glancing at her JJ shook his head, "No one wants you to find it more then me, but you know it's true

Glancing at her JJ shook his head, "No one wants you to find it more then me, but you know it's true."

Sighing Coral nodded.  They'd found the shipwreck, but no gold.  Their high had quickly turned low each time they'd passed the drone through the wreck below and came up empty handed.

"The gold could be buried," Kie suggested.

"No, it would've been picked up on the metal detector," John B told her, "Someone beat us to it," he declared.

"Or it was never there," JJ grumbled next to her gripping the wheel.  

"JJ," she whispered as the boy used both hands to turn the boat around.  Glancing down at her he held his arm out allowing her to tuck herself close to him, "Sorry, Baby Girl," he apologized.

Pulling up to the dock at The Chateau, John B jumped out to tie off the boat, "Coral you coming?" he asked looking down at her still inside Heyward's boat.

"No, JJ and I have something to do in town.  I'll be home later," she told him as he nodded and took off down the dock.

"John B," Kie called.

"Just let him go," Coral told the girl as Pope untied them from the dock and JJ steered them back towards Heyward's.  "I just feel bad," Kie told her.

"I know, but he just needs to be alone."

Pulling up to Heyward's dock the four climbed from the boat, "So we'll meet at The Wreck and head down to the river park?" Kie questioned as the others nodded.  

"We'll see you later," Coral called as she and JJ headed around the side of the shop towards town.