Coastal Venture 2 Part 63

"Attention all passengers and crew report to the tween forward hull.  That's an order.  I repeat all passengers and crew report to the tween forward hull immediately."

"They did it!" John B exclaimed, "They took the bridge," he said after hearing the captain come over the intercom.

"Alright, let's go," JJ said, moving the grate out of the window, "We'll split up.  Coral and I will go lock them in once they all get to the hull."

"Kie and I will find Sarah and get the life boat," John B said as they each climbed out of the container.

"We'll meet you, load the cross, and then get the hell out of here," Coral said, hugging both John B and Kie before taking JJ's hand and running in the opposite direction.

Following JJ through a door and down a set of steps he brought his finger up to his lips, "We'll wait here till they all get in," he whispered as she nodded.

Hearing men talking Coral peaked her head around, "How many?" JJ whispered.

Holding up five fingers he nodded before she once again peaked around the corner

Holding up five fingers he nodded before she once again peaked around the corner.  Holding up three more fingers she kept a watch until all of the crew including Rose, Wheezie, and Rafe had walked by and into the hull.

"That's all of them," she whispered.

"Except Ward.  We need Ward," he whispered back.

"We can't wait."

Contemplating he finally motioned her with his head for them to go shut the door to the hull.  Taking a deep breath Coral ran for the door with JJ right behind her.  Pushing the door shut she was met with resistance when some of the crew tried to stop them.

Leaning heavily on the door she and JJ managed to get it shut and locked.  Hearing the men yell to go for the other door JJ swore, "There's another door!" he yelled, taking off across the metal walkway.

Making it to the second door he slammed it shut as Coral yanked the handle down locking them inside, "Alright, phase one complete," Coral smiled.  Kissing her JJ took her hand, "Come on the cross is probably down one more level in the cargo hold."

Climbing down another level they made their way into the hold, "There it is," she pointed seeing the large wooden box that they watched being loaded earlier.  Hurrying towards it Coral noted the lid was off, "Do you think one of the crew was trying to steal it?"

Pulling the blankets that covered the cross away JJ shrugged, "Maybe.  It just makes our job easier," he replied as he revealed the cross under the layers of blankets.

"Holy shit," Coral whispered looking over the bedazzled cross.