Homecoming 2 Part 50

"I'm freaking starving," Kie complained the next morning as they continued their way back home, "Maybe we could stop at one of these docks and see if there's like fruit trees or something?" she questioned hopefully.

"Worth a shot," John B decided steering the boat towards the closest dock.  

"We'll go see what we can find," Coral told the boys as she and Kie climbed out of the boat and jumped to the dock once JJ had tied them off.  "I'll help," Sarah said as she too climbed out.

"You don't want us to help?"

"Nah, if we find someone three innocent girls may have better luck scoring some food then you boys," Coral replied.  "Yeah, well the innocent girls is what bothers me," JJ responded.

"I know how to take care of myself.  You taught me how," she reminded him, blowing him a kiss, "Someone should probably wake Pope up before he burns in the sun," she called over her shoulder as the three girls walked off.

"So what are we looking for?" Sarah questioned.

"Anything!" Kie and Coral exclaimed at the same time, "It just has to be edible," Coral added as they made their way through the tall grass.

"So, I heard you and JJ whispering to each other last night," Kie commented as they walked, "Heard something along the lines of Coralina Maybank."

Smiling Coralina nodded, "We'll make it official the day he turns eighteen, but yeah to us we're married.  I think as soon as he gave me this," she said holding up her hand flashing her ring, "Just like John B giving Sarah a piece of our dad's bandana.  It's the symbolism."

"Wait, what?" Kie questioned, looking at Sarah.  Fingering the bandana around her neck Sarah smiled, "It's my wedding band," she confirmed.

"Guys, there looks like there's a garden or something over there," Coral said hurrying towards an area fenced off.  

Climbing over the fence Coral and Kie began gathering cherry tomatoes, popping them in their mouth as they plucked them, "Oh, my God they're so good," Coral moaned dumping a handful into Sarah's hand.

"Oh, jackpot!" Kie exclaimed bending over and lifting a watermelon into the air.

"Shit!  Break that bitch open!"

"Holy shit," Sarah mumbled as she stuffed her face with watermelon.  Sitting on the ground outside of the garden the girls were scooping watermelon out with their fingers.

"So you guys got married too?" Kie questioned around a mouthful of watermelon.

"Well it's not exactly legal either, but yeah," Sarah replied with a smile.

"How do you know?  That you're gonna be together forever," Kie clarified.

Glancing at Sarah Coral shrugged, "You just do."