Pilot 1 Our Secret Part 20

"Fuck," Coral swore as the bacon grease splattered her hand. "Hey, you alright?" JJ asked, from the kitchen table.

"I'm fine," she snapped, twisting the burner off, "Breakfast is on the stove. I'm going to lay down before work," she said, before leaving the room.

"What did you do to her?" John B questioned, looking at JJ.

"I didn't do shit," he denied before getting up and following after Coral. Pushing her door open he found her curled up on her bed with her window unit blasting cold air into the room.

Closing the door JJ crawled into bed with her, "What's up Babygirl?" he asked quietly, putting his arms around her, "You've been off the last few days."

Turning in his arms to face him Coral buried her face into his chest, "I'm just stressing out with my shifts being cut this coming week because of that stupid storm and we have to go to the mainland to meet with Cheryl on Friday," she told him.

"Hey, don't stress about the shifts. We'll get by; we always do," he reminded her, "You work till what 4 today?" he asked her. "Yeah, I need to leave soon," she replied.

"Alright well we're going to go have fun after your shift and I'm gonna call my cousin and we're gonna have people over tonight and then tomorrow we're gonna go out on the boat and have a carefree day. No stressing about bills or evil witches from DCS," he told her.

Smiling, she lifted her head to kiss him, "Thank you."

"Come on. I'll give you a ride down to The Wreck. I'm gonna go down to the marina and see if anyone needs help preparing for the storm so you can stop worrying about money," he told her as he slid off the bed and stood up.

"JJ," Coral stopped him with a hand on his arm. Standing from the bed she smiled at him, "I love you," she told him simply. Chuckling he shook his head, "I love you too," he responded before kissing her.

Humming as he pulled away from her he shook his head, "Let's go before we end up in bed and late for work," he said, pulling her out of the room away from the bed

Walking out of The Wreck after her shift Coral smiled when she found her friends sitting in The Twinkie, "Come on Babygirl we're gonna go have a Pogue style evening," JJ called, hanging out the back door.

Laughing Coral ran to the van and jumped inside, "Where are we going?" she asked as JJ cracked a beer open for them to share. "The geniuses are taking us to their construction site," Kie responded from the passenger seat.

Groaning Coral made a face, "JJ, that doesn't sound like fun," she whined. "I told you they wouldn't want to go," Pope spoke up from the seat behind John B who was driving.

"No, no, trust me the views from the scaffolding you're gonna love it," JJ assured her. Throwing her legs over his lap Coral laid her head on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around her back, "This better be worth running from security."