Fathers and Sons Part 68

"So, this is what we're doing, huh? We're just sailing out. We just left him! How are you okay with this?"

Looking up at JJ pacing the deck, Coral sighed, "Because I know my brother. If there's a way, he'll find it."

Stopping his pacing, he turned to look at her, "That simple?"

"Pretty much," she responded, shrugging, "You should know by now us Pogues are pretty damn resilient," she said, giving him a small smile.

"This isn't funny, Coral."

"She knows that!" Kie defended, "We had to leave, or we'd all be zip tied in the back of a pickup."

"Look, I still have Fenton's phone. I already texted him that we had to leave," Coral told him, holding up the stolen phone.

"So, we wait for him," Pope decided, "And that was fast," he said as the phone in Coral's hand started ringing.

"It says Portis."

"Portis? That's John B," JJ said, snatching the phone from Coral and answering it, "Yo! Dude is this you?"

"Speaker! Put it on speaker, JJ!"

Glancing at Coral, JJ brought the phone down hitting speaker, "What do you need us to do? You need us to turn around?"

"No, no, don't do that," John B answered through the phone, "Look, it's way too hot here. You gotta get out of here. Go back to OBX."

"OBX?" Coral questioned, "How are you getting there, JB?"

"Coral? Coral I," he began before his voice got distorted.

"What? JB? We can't hear you."

"Here, let me try," Sarah said, grabbing the phone from JJ, "John B, are you okay?" she asked, moving around the deck trying for better reception.

"Yes. I'm fine. Everything's good. Listen."

"He's fine," she told them relieved, "Thank God. What happened?" she questioned John B.

"I found," he began before his voice got distorted again.

"John B!"

"Get out......here. I'll meet ......... Kildaire," John B's distorted voice came through the phone.

"Kildaire? When?" Sarah asked not getting an answer back as the phone call ended, "Damn it!"

"Kildaire. I know he's resourceful but that is a long way by himself."

"He'll find a way," Coral responded to Kie.

"You guys think he found his father?"

"He's been missing for almost a year," Pope responded to Cleo, "Sorry Coral."

"It's okay," she replied, "It was hard to hear him, and the phone cut out."

"Should we go back?" JJ questioned.

"No, we couldn't hear much, but I heard him definitely say go on, and that's what we should do," Coral told him.

"I agree with Coral," Sarah nodded, "We keep going like he said."

"Well, it's a long way back to the OBX," Pope commented, "I suggest we take turns at the wheel."

"Coral and I got first," JJ volunteered, already standing at the wheel.