Midsummers 2 Part 32

After climbing back on the Pogue John B drove them back to The Chateau so they could take the VW to the Hawk's nest.  Pulling into the parking area of the Hawk's Nest Pope slid the back door open, "Alright let's do this," he said, going to get out of the van.

"Yo, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself," John B spoke up turning in his seat to look at them in the back of the van.

"Really?" JJ asked skeptically.

"What?  I just don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery," John B explained, "Look, I need to get the map.  Once we get what we need we'll cut her loose," he insisted.

"I just don't understand why we're involving her at all," Kie said stubbornly. 

"Kie, I'm not involving her.  This is like, like, a business transaction."

"A business transaction?" JJ repeated with a snort, "I'm sure you'll take care of that business real well."

"Yeah, you go do that while we wait in the hot ass car, while it's lightening," Pope added as John B told them to shut up

Furrowing her brow, Coral studied her brother, "So nothing is going on between the two of you?"

"Nothing," he denied shaking his head.

"Just promise me you're not going to let her get inside your head," Kie requested.

"I promise.  Now I'm gonna go get what we need to get us one step closer to the gold," John B told them climbing from the van.

"That was so believable," JJ muttered, from his spot on the floor next to Coral. 

"Kiara, holding onto your grudge is like drinking poison and hoping Sarah will die," Pope spoke up.

"I get what you're saying, Pope, but he's an idiot if he trusts her," Kie replied. 

Sighing, Coral curled herself around JJ as he wrapped his arm around her and kissed her head. 

"What happened after Shoupe took you?" she asked quietly. 

"I'll tell you later," he promised. 

Lifting her head from his shoulder she studied his face before nodding, "How did security get a hold of you?"

Scoffing JJ rolled his eyes, "Got cornered by the kook squad," he replied before telling her about running through the Island Club with Rafe and Kelce chasing him.

"Security found us in the bathroom and I let him take me to get away from the Powerpuff Squad," he continued.