Our Secret April Part 10

"I think something happened between Kie and Sarah," Coral told JJ as she watched him work on changing out the carburetor on the dirtbike. JJ had finally saved enough to get a new one so he could hopefully get the bike started. Just yesterday he caught Luke in an agreeable mood and he'd taken him for his license. (A/N-getting a license is way more complicated but for this story we're going to say it's that easy)

"Why's that?" he asked. "Well she's been hanging out here more and texting me like every day for the last two weeks," she told him, "But yesterday she basically invited herself to the Sophomore Social which makes no sense because she told me that her school was having their dance the same night as ours," Coralina explained.

Pausing in tightening a bolt JJ glanced up at her, "You never mentioned you wanted to go to the dance," JJ said, referring to the Dance that Kildaire High put on at the end of April for their Sophomore class. Shrugging Coralina told him she wasn't going to make a big deal about it, "I mean if you don't want to go it's completely fine JB and Pope are going and apparently Kiara so I can hang out with them," she told him, "I know school dances aren't really your thing."

"Well, yeah, I don't really care about them but if you want to go of course I'm gonna take you," JJ told her, "Are you sure you not saying anything to me doesn't have to do with the price of the ticket and having to wear a monkey suit?" he questioned.

Sighing she scrunched her nose up, "It may have had something to do with it," she admitted quietly, "You work hard for your money, JJ, and I don't want you spending it unnecessarily."

"Coral what have we been doing for the last eight months?" he asked quietly as he fidgeted with the wrench in his hands. Blinking Coral cleared her throat, "I mean we've been seeing each other," she replied.

Chewing the inside of his cheek JJ nodded, "I know we never really talked about it but we haven't been seeing any others and I know I'm committed to whatever this is. Are you?"

"Of course," she answered immediately. "Alright, so if we're going to label this then I'd say you're my girlfriend. And if my girlfriend wants to go to a dance then I'm gonna take her," he told her. Smiling Coral nodded, "Ok, maybe we could tell John B then," she said.

"Tell John B what?" asked John B as he entered the shed. Startled Coralina turned around in her camping chair almost toppling over, "Geez JB, wear a fucking bell," she exclaimed wide eyed. Glancing between JJ and his sister John B asked again, "What do you two need to tell me?"

"Oh, just that JJ agreed to go to the Sophomore dance and since it looks like Kie's coming too all of us can hang out that night," Coralina answered. Narrowing his eyes John B studied her before swinging his gaze to JJ, "Since when are you interested in a school dance?" he asked, suspiciously.

Shrugging JJ went back to the bolt he had been tightening, "Coral mentioned Kie was coming and she talked me into coming too," he answered, simply. "JB, didn't you say you had a date?" Coral asked.

"Yeah, Dahlia Bennet asked me and I agreed. I think she already bought our tickets," he mentioned as he bent to check out JJ's work on the dirtbike.

Plotting Coralina smiled widely, "Oh, that's perfect. Kie could be Pope's date and I could go with JJ and we could make a whole night of it," she said excitedly. Pursing his lips John B looked at his sister, "Uh, you don't need to be all date like you can go as friends," he stated.

Rolling her eyes Coralina pulled out her phone as she stood up, "Oh John B don't be such a party pooper. I'm gonna go text Kie," she said walking out of the shed.

Taking Coral's empty seat John B looked at JJ, "Are you trying to fuck my sister?" he asked, harshly. Jolting at the question JJ cursed when his hand slipped and he rapped his knuckles on the dirtbike, "Christ, JB, what the fuck kind of question is that?" he asked.