Our Secret Aftermath 1 Part 12

"Where the fuck have you been?" hissed John B as he, Coral, and JJ sat in the principal's office a few days after the dance. "I don't find that to be any of your business," Coral answered, stubbornly as she crossed her arms and turned her head away from her brother.

"It is my fucking business when you haven't been home in days and you don't answer your phone," John B replied, angrily. "Well you're the one who said JJ wasn't welcome at The Chateau so if he's not welcome then I guess I'm not either," she responded.

"Seriously Coralina? Are you fucking happy coming between me and my sister?" John B questioned, looking at JJ sitting on the other side of Coral.

"Dude, did it ever occur to you that what's going on between me and her has nothing to fucking do with you?" JJ asked, glaring over Coral's head at his best friend. Scoffing Coral shook her head, "No, because he thinks the world revolves around only him and how he feels," she answered.

"That's not fucking true. I'm just," John B started to say before being cut off. "Alright, you three it seems I got a report about fighting at the dance," Principal Adams stated walking into her office.

"Fighting?" John B scoffed, "Nah, JJ, Coral, do you remember a fight?" he asked, looking at the two beside him. Shaking her head Coral smiled at the principal, "No, no fight," she reiterated as JJ shrugged.

"I've got witnesses claiming that you," she said pointing at John B, "Walked up and hit Mr. Maybank," she said pointing at JJ, "Over something to do with your sister," the principal finished, pointing at Coral.

Laughing JJ shook his head, "Oh, I remember now. We were all dancing together and things got a little wild. John B here was flailing around like he does when he dances, I mean have you ever seen the guy dance. Everybody should duck and cover," JJ said, causing Coralina to cough to cover up her laugh, "Anyway I got a bit too close and, wham, got it right in the jaw," JJ lied, smiling innocently at Principal Adams.

Pursing her lips she looked between all three teens, "Why don't I believe you?" she questioned. "I mean I could get up and show you some of my dance moves, if you want," John B offered. "He truly is a heinous dancer," Coralina added.

"Fine, but I will be reaching out to your Uncle. Maybe he can get what really happened out of you three. For now, just go back to class," she dismissed them, waving her hand at them.

Not needing to be told twice the three stood from their chairs and hurried out of the office. Once in the hallway Coralina started laughing, "Everybody should duck and cover," she repeated JJ's lie, "I almost peed my pants," she laughed.

Slinging his arm around her shoulder JJ kissed the side of her head, "What can I say. I'm a fucking genius," he joked. "Thanks for covering for me," John B spoke up from behind them.

Turning around JJ nodded at the boy, "It's what we do, Man," he replied. Nodding John B acknowledged his statement as he looked between his sister and best friend, "You guys lied to me for months. The two people who I've always trusted, lied," he said, "I need time to get over that, but I also want my sister home, so" John B trailed off, shrugging he turned around and walked away.

"Baby Girl you should go home tonight. Try and talk to him," JJ suggested. Sighing, Coral agreed.

Walking into the house after school Coral found John B watching television, "Hey," she greeted. Glancing up at her he raised his chin in acknowledgement before taking a sip of his beer, "Where's JJ?" he questioned, looking behind her.

Chewing on the inside of her cheek, Coral dropped her school bag on the floor before sitting down on the couch, "He's going to come by later for dinner," she told him, "I thought maybe we could talk first since we've had a few days to calm down."