Parcel 9 (1) Part 33

Walking into The Wreck the next afternoon Coral spotted Pope already sitting at a table,  "You didn't come by last night so I assume John B is okay?" she asked approaching the boy.  

Glancing up as she and JJ stopped at the table he nodded before standing, "He's fine," he told her as he hugged her, "Kie and I stuck around long enough to find out he had a concussion and a broken wrist," he told her as they all sat down.

"And Ward?" JJ asked.  

"Sarah called him from the hospital.  She said he was going to talk to Sheriff Peterkin," he reported.

"So we have no idea where JB actually is?" Coral questioned as Kie walked over carrying a tray.  

"I called the hospital about an hour ago," she told the group, "He was released to his legal guardian this morning."

"His legal guardian?"

"That's what they said," she responded with a shrug, glancing over at the sound of the door opening, "Well, shit, speak of the devil and he shall appear," she laughed as John B walked through the door.

"John B!" Coral exclaimed flying out of her chair and racing across the restaurant to hug her brother.  Grunting he wrapped his arm loosely around her, "Careful, Bug, I'm a bit sore."

"I'm sorry," she apologized pulling away to get a good look at him, "You look like hell."

Scoffing he nodded, "I feel like it too."

"I'm sorry for leaving you last night.  We didn't know what to do with DCS and the police," she trailed off as he held his hand up.  "It's okay.  If you'd been there they may have taken you and I'd still be trying to get you back," he told her.

"So Ward helped you?" questioned Kie who was hovering behind Coral.  

Nodding John B slipped his bookbag off as he walked to the bar.  Unzipping his bag he pulled out a folded paper and handed it to Pope, "See what you can figure out from this," he told the brains of the group.

Taking the map Pope unfolded it, "Shit, is this it?"

"Yeah, Sarah came through," he responded, "We just need to read it now."

"I'll take a look at it," Pope told him before he and JJ walked back to the table with the map.

"So, like, what happened after we left the hospital?" Kie asked.

"Apparently Ward talked to Peterkin and took legal custody of Coral and I.  We have a place to live and Cheryl off our backs," he told the girls.  

"Wait, so where are we supposed to be living?" Coral asked, confused.

"Tannyhill," he responded.  "With Sarah Cameron?" Kie exclaimed.

"Fuck Sarah.  I ain't living any where near Rafe," Coral declared, "I'm living at The Chateau and anyone who tries to tell me differently can go screw themselves."

"I figured you'd say that and I already talked to Ward.  He's agreed to allow you to stay there on a conditional basis.  He's also given me free range to stay there when I want too as well."

"What's the conditions?"  JJ asked, wondering over after hearing Coral say Rafe's name.

"She goes to school, she goes to work, she stays out of trouble, and he does not know JJ is living there," John B listed.  Glancing at JJ, Coral nodded, "We can do that."

"Hold up.  Can we go back to the part where you're living, if not full-time, at least part-time with Sarah Cameron?" Kie questioned twirling her finger backwards.