Bell Tower 1 Part 41

"What do we do?" Coral questioned as they stayed hidden behind a bunch of junk listening to the sirens racing towards the airfield. 

"We need a car," JJ decided when no one answered her. 

"I can get one," Kie declared, "You guys stay here and I'll come back for you."

"No, we can't stay here," Pope spoke up as he puffed on JJ's juul, "We need to go through the woods before they block this road off.  Pick us up by the bowling alley," he told her. 

Traipsing through the woods in one direction while Kie went the other way John B told them what happened out on the runway. 

"Rafe shot Peterkin."

"What?" Coral questioned in disbelief, "I know he's a bit unstable, but to graduate to murder?"

"I told you he was a pyscho," JJ muttered. 

"Peterkin was getting ready to arrest Ward for killing dad and he came out of no where and just shot her," John B told them, "Peterkin told me to run.  So I did."

"You didn't have any other choice," Pope remarked. 

"I just left Peterkin and Sarah."

"How's Sarah involved in all of this?" Coral asked

"She isn't.  She didn't believe me when I told her about Ward, but she heard what Peterkin said and she was there when Rafe shot her.  She has to believe me now," John B said, hopefully. 

Staying hidden behind the bowling alley until Kie pulled to a stop in her parents SVU the four rushed to get into the car. 

Climbing into the very back with JJ while her brother and Pope occupied the backseat Kie asked where they should go, "To the police station," John B told her, "Someone needs to tell them that it was Rafe."

"Rafe!" Kie exclaimed twisting in her seat to look at John B.

"Yeah, catch up Kie," Pope said as John B filled her in on what happened on the runway as she drove them to the police station.

Pulling up outside of the station JJ leaned over the backseat, "John B, I don't know if this is a good idea.  I mean you might end up in the lion's den but you don't go there on purpose.  It's like my old man always told me, you should never ever trust the cops, no matter what the circumstance is."

"Baby,  I don't know if your dad is the best authority," Coral said as she leaned over the seat too.

"I agree with JJ," Pope spoke up, "When have the police ever done anything for us?" he questioned, taking another puff from JJ's juul.