Heists 2 Part 71

"There he is!" Kie exclaimed, pointing to a train car a few tracks over that Pope was climbing up, "That's it. We're green," she said as he turned and shined his flashlight towards them.

"Wait, wait. Do you hear that?" Coral questioned, grabbing JJ's arm as a train whistle blew, "Oh, shit!"

"The train's moving! We gotta go!" JJ realized, "Go, go, go," he urged the girls to move to the ladder.

Running back to where Topper and Sarah waited, Coral grabbed the jumper cables Sarah held, "Thank you."

"Hey, I just wanna make sure everyone here is okay with ending up in federal prison," Topper said, glaring at all of them.

"Uh, if it gets to that, yeah, I'll do that for Pope," JJ replied, jumping on his bike after shoving the jumper cables into Coral's bookbag and handing it back to her.

Settling herself behind JJ, Coral agreed, "We could be prison mates, Top," she called, waving to the boy before grabbing onto JJ as he revved the bike and took off to chase the train.

Getting ahead of the train they found a cross road with a signal light currently flashing green. Pulling the bike behind a bunch of bushes they both climbed off before running for the tall lamp post.

"This should be far enough to give it time to change," JJ told her, pulling the jumper cables out of the bag.

"Oh God, you can hear it coming!" Coral exclaimed as the train whistle blew in the distance.

"Alright, let's fry this sucker," JJ said, taking the positive and negative clamps on one end of the jumper cables and hooking them into the lamp post before grabbing the other ends, "Now, all you have to do is change the current."

"Okay, do your trick."

"Let's go baby," he said, touching the positive and negative together.

"Just don't get electrocuted," Coral suggested, hearing the zapping of the electrical current, "Little fried JJ. Don't need none of that."

"Yeah, no promises on that," he replied, "Okay, three, two, one," he said before attaching the ends to one side of the train rail. Stepping back the two watched the blinking green light.

"It's not working," she stated.

"That's what he would do. Literally that's what my uncle would do. I don't know. It would change red," JJ muttered as he paced.

Hearing the train whistle blow in the distance again, Coral ignored JJ's ranting as she studied the train rails, "Uh, hey. The train touches both sides of the track," she realized, grabbing the positive cable and moving it to the other side of the rails.

Stepping back she watched the lamp post again, "Come on, come on. We don't have a plan B."

"Yes!" JJ exclaimed when the lights turned red, "That's what I'm talking about," he laughed, kissing her quickly.