Pouguelandia 2 Part 65

"So, what were you doing all the way out here?" JJ questioned, as Jimmy started the plane and began to maneuver it to take off.

"I got a little guide outfit in St. Vincent," Jimmy answered, "I was spotting fish."

"What were you spotting?"

"You know, the usual," he responded, "Wahoo."

Hearing the name of the fish Jimmy was supposedly spotting, Coral grabbed JJ's arm as he and John B exchanged a look. Shaking his head slightly, John B told them silently to keep quiet.

"I'd hang on to something," Jimmy told them, "Gets a little spicy on takeoff," he warned.

Clutching JJ, Coral closed her eyes as the plane took off. Once they were in the air she opened her eyes and eased up on the grip she had on JJ, "Should we talk about this now?" she whispered, catching the attention of the others.

"What's the matter?" Kie asked.

"Wahoo, don't run in October," Coral whispered.

"So, whoever this man is, he's not a fisherman," JJ added.

"Maybe the run just starts earlier out here."

"In the Caribbean?" JJ questioned.

"They're still running at home. They don't hit these waters for another month," Coral added.

"No, I know what this is," Sarah spoke up, "He's working for my dad, and he's probably been looking for us the entire time."

"All right, we gotta find out," JJ decided, "Start looking for some sort of clues," he told them, looking around the plane.

"JJ," Coral whispered, pointing to a bag hanging off the back of Jimmy's pilot seat, "John B, distract him."

While John B made conversation with Jimmy, JJ used the distraction to go through Jimmy's bag. Pulling out a bunch of papers and books they went through them quickly. Paging through a book about the loss of El Dorado, Coral picked up the picture that fell out. Gasping, she held it up for the others to see.

"The Coastal Venture," Sarah whispered, grabbing the picture out of Coral's hand, "This is the boat we were on. With Eberhimi and the cross."

"So he was looking for us," Cleo realized.

"Exactly."

"He's working for my dad."

"Hey, y'all better hold onto something," Jimmy called back, "We got some unexpected turbulence up here," he warned them.

"Guys, whatever it is, it's happening fast. Look," Kie told them, pointing out the window.

Looking out the window they could see a coastline coming up quickly, "That looks like Barbados. I've been there with Terrance," Cleo told them.

"Okay, there's seven of us, and one of him," JJ began, "You know my vote. We storm the cockpit."

"Who's gonna fly the plane, dumbass?"

"I've seen Pope fly simulators," he responded to John B.

"I crop dusted for my uncle," Pope said, "This is not the same."

"We don't have time to pretend that's a real option."

"Why don't we just wait till the plane lands somewhere safe, and then we sneak out," Coral suggested.

"I agree with Coral," Pope said, "And if someone comes to mess with us we mad-dog them," he added.

"I like the mad dogging part," JJ muttered.