Our Secret Valentine's Day Part 7

Pulling into the school parking lot John B shut off the engine, "I hate this day," he declared. Glancing at her brother from the passenger seat Coralina rolled her eyes, "How can you hate Valentines Day when you don't even have a girlfriend to waste your money on?" she asked.

"Um, did you forget it's Carnation day?" John B reminded her, "Last year I got so many I started to give them away," he huffed. Laughing Coralina opened the van door, "Oh to be adored by the masses, John B," she said, hopping out of the van.

Coming around the van John B glared at his sister, "It's not funny. JJ took his down to Main street last year and made like $100 dollars," he told her as they walked towards the school. "Speaking of JJ, why didn't we pick him and Pope up?" Coralina questioned.

"They apparently came in early. I don't know I wasn't really paying attention to what they were doing," he told her, shrugging. Shaking her head, Coralina smiled, "My unobservant twin ladies and gentleman," she said patting his shoulder.

"Well you and JJ have been up each other's asses lately I figured he would have texted you," John B commented sarcastically. "Shut up JB," Coralina replied, shoving her brother, "Don't be salty because your friend likes me more," she joked, sticking her tongue out at him.

Reaching their lockers Coralina opened hers to find a teddy bear and a box of reeses pieces. Smiling, she immediately ripped into the box of candy, grabbing the note she found underneath it she shoved it into her pocket before her brother saw it. "Where'd you get those?" John B questioned, noticing the candy.

"They were left in my locker. Guess I have a secret admirer," she told him, winking. Grabbing his first period books John B closed his locker, "Or JJ has your locker combination," he replied, sarcastically. Smirking Coralina shrugged, "Maybe JJ's my secret admirer," she joked, clutching her heart and fluttering her eyelashes.

Pulling the teddy bear out of his sister's locker John B sneered at it, "You know I don't know what's been up with him lately but the day JJ sticks with one girl for more than a week is the day I mack Sarah Cameron," he said before shoving the bear back into her locker, "See you in homeroom," he told her as he walked off.

"Better pucker up, John B," Coralina muttered as she pulled JJ's note out of her pocket. Unfolding it she bit her lip as she read his messy writing:

Babygirl, Pope's gonna ask you to come over for tutoring

Say yes! You'll probably have dozens of flowers given to you today

Just so you know 6 red ones are from me. C U in english! ❤

Smiling Coralina shoved the note into her book bag before grabbing her first period books and hurrying to homeroom. Sliding into her seat just as the bell rang she saw John B roll his eyes as he attempted to gather the carnations on his desk. Giggling she pulled out several pieces of ribbon as she twisted the flowers on her desk into bouquets.

Kildaire High School's student council celebrated Valentine's Day by allowing students to purchase either white or red Carnations for $2.00 a flower. The order forms were distributed the week prior and students could fill out how many, what color, and to whom they wanted to send the flowers to all anonymously. The morning of Valentine's Day members of the student council would drop off the flowers to each homeroom. John B and the boys absolutely hated the tradition while Coralina secretly loved it. She always felt like a fairy princess carrying her flowers around all day.

"Hey, do that to mine so I can carry the fuckers without them dropping till I can shove them into my locker," John B hissed from his seat behind her. Turning in her seat she began twisting her brother's flowers together, "You know you're going to break hearts if you don't carry their flowers around," she told him, laughing when he glared at her.