Dead Calm 2 Part 38

The rest of her shift Coral spent it in a fog. Going over scenerios in her head of what kind of trouble JJ might be currently in. As soon as the clock struck ten she was out the door not even bothering to take her apron off.

Waving to Pope and Kie who were pulling up in Heyward's truck she hurried up to the driver's side, "Did you find him?" she asked.

"No, but we're heading back to your place to drop this stuff off. Hop in and we'll see if he's there. If not as soon as we unload we can go circle the island," Pope responded.

"Shit," she swore as she went around the other side and jumped into the seat next to Kie.

"I'm sure there's nothing to worry about," Kie said in an attempt to reassure her.

"No there is," Coral responded, "The last time he had a JJ moment was because of his dad. If he went home, and that's where I believe he went, then it could be really really bad."

"We'll find him," Pope told her.

Pulling up to The Chateau, Coral hopped out of the truck as Kie and Pope did the same, "Lets get this stuff unloaded," Pope said.

"I'm gonna head inside and see if he's been here," Coral told them turning towards the house just as every light came to life in the backyard.

Knowing the electric was still out on their side of the island Coral looked back at Kie and Pope confused, "What the fuck is that?"

"I don't know," Pope responded before moving around the girls and headed towards the backyard.

"JJ, what did you do?" she heard Pope gasp.

Hurrying around the house Coral stopped dead at the sight of JJ sitting in a hot tub surrounded by floating flamingos, lights, and champagne bottles. "JJ," she whispered stepping closer as Kie stopped just behind her.

"Baby Girl!" he exclaimed, clearly drunk, "Look at this shit," he said with a wave of his hand, "I got this for you

"Baby Girl!" he exclaimed, clearly drunk, "Look at this shit," he said with a wave of his hand, "I got this for you. You work to fucking hard," he declared taking a drink from his champagne glass.

Knowing he acted out for a reason, Coral glanced at both Pope and Kie telling them silently to let her handle things before asking JJ what happened.

"Nothing," he answered, "Can't I just get something nice for you, and for my friends? Hell you're my family!"

"We are," Coral agreed as she slowly approached the hot tub, "But JJ you stole that money from a drug dealer.  He's gonna want it back."

"Fuck that guy.  I can handle him," he replied, with a dismissive wave, "Now come on and get in.  I've got a jet going straight up my butt and you deserve to have some luxury.  You don't need someone like Rafe Cameron, Baby Girl, because I can give you the life you deserve too."

To stunned to say anything more Coral simply stared as both Kie and Pope finally voiced their displeasure. "JJ, how much did this cost?" Pope asked.

Giggling JJ shrugged, "Just about damn near all of it, but look we got a generator. My baby deserves to have fucking electric!"