Highlands 3

I was so stupid, he told me he was gonna be there every step of the way and I believed him, I was blinded by love and now I have a baby that I'm gonna raise by myself while he lives the celebrity high life, i didn't want to think that, but let's face it. He's famous, a baby will only be a burden to him, that's why he's not here right now.
I was 9 months pregnant I'm at the most important stage of my pregnancy and he wasn't here, I'm not stupid, I know he doesn't care. I felt her move and tears welled up in my eyes, motherhood is truly beautiful, I have this little human growing inside of me and it all feels unreal. Keith has no idea what he's missing.
I decided to go shopping, I pulled up at the outlet and looked in the mirror, my eyes were puffy and my nose was red, I dried my tears and inhaled deeply. I couldn't stand looking at myself in the mirror anymore, I just kept seeing a fat depressed person looking back at me. My phone vibrated in my purse and I saw an incoming call from Keith. I contemplated for a while before I declined it. I didn't feel like pretending to be ok today.
I stepped out walking into the outlet. It was really busy here for some reason and there were lots of people with phones out and cameras ready. It was weird, I walked out of baby gap. But saw a lot of people surrounding the shop. I scrunched up my face, it was really busy here for a Friday morning. I tried to ween my way through the swarm of excited people as I headed to mothercare before I walked into the shop I heard lots of people start screaming and shouting and people started running in a particular direction, I looked over in the direction of people running but just saw flashing cameras in the distance. Strange, it feels like Beyoncé just turned up at this outlet or something. I went into mothercare that was now practically empty as everyone ran outside to see what was going on. I was looking at strollers and occasional cute tiny baby clothes.
I didn't really find anything I was looking for so I walked out. As I walked out the cheering and screaming got closer, the camera clicking got louder and suddenly all heads were turning to a direction. I brushed it off and started walking away from the crowd. But it was like they were following me. I thurrowed my eyebrows turning around they were all clapping for me for some odd reason. I just stood there still not knowing what to do, I looked like a complete utter mess. I heard cheering as the crowd separated, that was when I saw him. My heart stopped and my knees grew weak. Everything around me started to slow down as he approached me. We were face to face.
"Kennedy." He whispered as he caressed my face, tears spilling out of his eyes. I gasped at his touch, I haven't felt him in months He pulled me into him and I took in his same gritty scent. I've missed him so so much I could hug him forever. couldn't help but look at his bruised lip and slightly black eye, he was still handsome though, just like the last time I saw him.
"What are you doing here. What happened to your face "
"Don't worry about it, I just wanna go home baby."  He mumbled into my neck.
"You don't know how much I missed you." He pulled me in for a kiss and the crowd roared.
We walked outside hand in hand.

He opened the door for me as I waddled inside. He watched me walk with a smirk.
"Look at my lil mama. I ain't know you was a penguin."
I looked up at him and smacked my teeth, he still got dry ass humour I see.
"Baby I gotta put these in the nursery quick."
I disappeared up the stairs opened the door and turned on the light. I gasped in shock. The nursery was finished. I left it a complete mess and I got frustrated because I couldn't get the crib to build.
"Do you like it?" I heard a voice from behind me. I turned to look at him.
"baby you don't have to cry." He chuckled wiping my tears before hugging me from behind, I leaned on him. For the first time in a while I had somebody to lean on. I know I was supposed to be angry with him but he has the key to my heart. His hands rested on my stomach and he kissed behind my ear. I turned around to face him, his eye seemed to have gotten worse. It was growing smaller by the second.
"Baby are you sure youre oka-"
"I'm chill-" I covered his normal eye with my hand only exposing the swollen one as I held 3 fingers infront of his face.
"How many fingers am I holding"
He thurrowed his brows as he tried to open his eye wider but it wouldn't budge.
"Man it dont matter it'll heal." He smacked his lips waving me off.
"No, I'm getting you ice and we're going to the hospital, it looks infected nd shit."
He grabbed me by my waist blowing raspberries into my neck. I giggled pushing him away but he didn't let go.
Out of the both of us I was definitely the blabba mouth fiery and sassy with the bad ass attitude in our relationship. But Keith was the complete opposite, a laid back guy who liked simple things, quite the observer actually, don't get me wrong though, because when he gets mad he gets MAD, he's silent but deadly when needed. I guess that's why we got on so well, because when I was ready to smack a bitch he either made me fall back or drove me to the addy himself.
Keith POV
"Baby for real tho, who did this. I won't do nun I promise." She frowned leaning her head on my shoulder.
"Douglas." I sighed.
"Oh okay." She let go of me slowly walking out of the room before taking off round the corner. I smacked my teeth, I knew she was gonna pull some slick shit like this.
I chased her down the stairs grabbing her before she reached the front door she sighed.
"Baby man, I'm in pain and you got me chasing you around this house." I held my side in agony catching my breath
"I know I'm sorry Keith."
"What was you even bout to do?"
Oh I already knew what she was going to do, I just wanted to hear her say it. She gave me a dumbfounded look.
"I'm going to shoot Douglas ass, what he look like baby?" She asked checking the bullets in her gun before shoving it in her waistband.
I chuckled at her madness.
"You was going to shoot every Douglas you see huh."
"Yeah pretty much." She shrugged
"Your completely nuts."
"I am not! just a little bit... aggressive sometimes."
"No baby you ass a crazy psycho. I love you tho"
"I love you more." I kissed her as i wrapped my arms around her waist, She slowly slipped her hand away thinking I wouldn't notice, she opened the front door. I smiled And turned us around so my back slammed it shit.
"Mhm you tried it." I mumbled into the Kiss smacking her ass.
"It was worth a try." She chuckled.
"Come baby lemme make sweet love to you into the morning." I swept her off her feet bridal style and carried her up our spiral staircase.