Madhouse 2

I sat in traffic as I checked my watch.
"Shit, shit, shit." I mumbled. I was stuck on the freeway in heaps of traffic and my tank was almost on E, I was meant to pick the kids up an hour ago. I had a very long day at work, I had to stay back at the trap longer than expected, I thought I could just speed back on the freeway but these roadworks have got me in a stand still. I saw Lisa from the daycare calling me, I sighed as I answered it.
"Hi Mr Powers, are you aware that you were supposed to pick your kids up an hour ago."
"I know, but I've been stuck in a traffic jam for 2 hours."
"We'll, the daycare is closing and- Daddy where are you?" Kilara yelled in the background. I chuckled shaking my head.
"You don't have anybody listed in your emergency contacts..."
It was true I had a very tight circle when it came to my kids.
"Yeah uhh, could you maybe.."
The line was silent as she sat in thought, we both knew what I was asking her to do.
She sighed finally giving in.
"Alright fine, you owe me. This is very unprofessional of me-"
"Thank you lisaaaa, I'll call you when I'm closer." I cut her off. She chuckled and I practically heard her roll her eyes.
"Yeah whatever."She said as the call went dead.

Lisa pov
9:47pm
I just checked my watch, it was almost hitting 10, the kids were fast asleep on the couch as I sat opposite them scrolling through channels, this was ridiculous, I'll always help out wherever I can but I want to go to bed. As I was about to call Keith there was a ring from outside my apartment. I saw him through the camera letting him up. I went to go put on a robe tieing my hair up when I returned to the front room, he was by the door. I opened the door and saw a sweating Keith with a bouquet of red roses. I rubbed my eyes stepping aside as I let him in.
"Lis I'm so sorry." He followed behind me i hummed in response as I went to gather kilara and Kaines bags. He grabbed my arm swinging me around as he handed me the roses.
"For you, let me make it up to you." He said handing me the roses, I fought my smile taking them from him. He leaned back on the island as he panted.
"I tried to get here as fast as I could. My car ran out of gas on the freeway and there were no Ubers so I had to walk-"
"Chill, it's alright." I mumbled as I spun the roses in my hands, I was mesmerised, they were so pretty.
He noticed my attention was on the flowers, he pointed to the envelope that I hadn't seen in there before. I looked up at him he smirked as I bit my lip Opening it.

Flowers, as beautiful as your smile. Let me take you on a date.
~Kp

I read out loud.
"Oh so you're a gentlemen are you?"
"Something like that" he popped his imaginary collar. Scratching the back of his neck.
"Dada." Kaine pulled on his dads sleeve. Keith picked him up with quickness.
"I ain't mean to be late, daddy's got a lot going on right now." He said as he kissed his sons forehead, kaine rested on his shoulder fast asleep again. Kilara trudged next to him holding his hand leaning into him. I passed the backpacks to Kilara.
I felt Keith's gaze burning me as I met his eyes.
"What?" I questioned tucking some hair behind my ear.
"You gonna let me take you out on a date or what?"
"Yes, I will go on a date with you Keith"
"Aight coo, I'm out, thank you so much. For real."
I nodded walked them to the door,  I waved them out. Keith turned around and blew a kiss, I rolled my eyes laughing at his stupidness. I shut the door looking for a vase to put the flowers in.