Just friends 2

It was now 5 'o'clock in the morning.
I let Kalia lay in my bed with just her nappy. And I watched as her eyes opened and closed. They fluttered for one last time before she went into a deep slumber.
I left her as I went to look for Keith.
I saw him in my kitchen at the table with papers around him and his glasses on as he sat on the phone with a blunt behind his ear.
I stayed silent as I walked up behind him.
"Okay, thank you. Bye." He put the phone down and sighed deeply putting his head in his hands.
I massaged his shoulders.
"What stresses you so?"
"I want to get full custody of Kaliah so I'm phoning up all the best lawyers in LA." He said writing something down on the piece of paper.
"At 5:15 in the morning?" I said as he closed his eyes due to the pleasure.
"Work don't stop." He sighed.
"Your less likely to make any progress if you're tired."
"But-"
"Shhh, just go to bed at least." I said turning his phone off and putting the papers into piles.
I held his hands and led him out the room and up the stairs as he wouldn't move otherwise.
"Now Take you're sleeping child and go into the guest bedroom."  Before he could protest I shut the door and jumped into my bed resuming my slumber.

JUST TO BE INTERUPTED ONCE AGAIN!
I checked my phone.
6:35 am
"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa."
I sighed rolling over and pulling my pillow over my head from the noise.
I heard my door open.
"No." I groaned Groggily. As the cries got louder and closer.
"Keith nooo," I whined already knowing what he was going to ask.
"But pleasseeeee you know it will work." he begged. Sitting in the edge of my bed.
I didn't answer I growled feeling myself fall out of sleepiness.
Her cries pierced my ears like a soaring violin. I rolled over feeling myself get agitated.
"Keith just sing to her or some shit!" I snapped. I'm not the fucking one right now.
"Poison deadly, we're moving real slow. Looking for a mellow fellow like devoe." He stopped looking down at her as it appeared she had stopped crying. But that didn't last long before she started crying and screaming louder than before.
"Give her,her bottle." I sat up looking at him.
"That's the first thing I tried."
"Babygirl, What's wrong?" Keith frowned leaning down kissing his teary cheeked daughter lovingly. As she started coughing. He put her on his shoulder patting her back.
"Kiera just do something." He looked at me with pleading eyes
"Fine." I gave in sticking my hands out from the covers.
He happily placed kali in my arms as I pulled her close to my chest cradling her as she got comfortable in my arms, i kissed her forehead gently as I layed her back down laying her on my chest as she fell asleep.
Keith looked at me.
"You do realise you could've just taken her in the first place." Keith glared at me.
"You better fix your attitude before I give her back to you."
"Girl whatever. Yall look so cozy, lemme just..." I looked at Keith to see him getting into my bed too.
I raised my eyebrows at him wondering what he was doing.
"Don't start." He said getting all snug. I waited a couple seconds
"What do you want because I have had my sleep disturbed one too many times."
"Girl shut up."
"Boy if you-"
"You can't just leave me in the room by myself I was going to get lonely."
"Stop cutting me off-"
"Go to sleep Kiki." He whispered as he closed his eyes. I stayed looking at him and he paused opening one eye and opening his arms out.
"You lucky, I'm tired." I yawned as I turned my back to him and he wrapped his arms around me and kissed the back of my head whilst Kali laid next to me on her stomach.

Why were friends? I have no idea.