Nice gestures 4

1 year later
Marnie POV
I got an incoming FaceTime call from Keith as I grinned answering.
"Babyy." I cheesed but my smile soon faded as I saw he was upset.
"What happened?" I questioned as I watched him sit down looking at the wall blankly. He was currently at work doing a night shift while I was at home with Blake on maternity leave.
"I got my first heart failure today.." he mumbled. My heart sank for him.
"I'm coming to pick you up okay baby?"
I saw him nod his head completely drained as he leaned on the wall.
"Ima be 15 minutes." I hang up hopping out of bed, I decided to stay in my sweats as i waddled towards the door. Blake was fast asleep in his room and wouldn't wake up anytime soon so I just left.

Coming out of the escalator security let me through the ward as they let me get to my fiancé. I heard commotion and a lot of yelling and crying and seen a woman hitting on my man as keith blocked her, he shoved her off of him and the husband got involved. I got there just in time before things got physical.
"Ma'am back up. Don't hit my fiancé." I stood in front of him as I spoke to the girl in a calm tone. This was Keith's place of work so I tried to keep it professional.
"He killed her! He killed our little girl." She yelled as she pointed at him.
"Ma'am he did everything he could. Not everyone can be saved. I'm sorry for your loss. But I can assure you he did everything in his power to save that little girl." I spoke. The woman reached and slapped me in my face. Keith lunged at her and before I knew it security was separating everybody.
"You're gonna regret this I promise you will. Remember my face." The woman said to Keith as she wiped her eyes.
"Security get her out of here."
Soon everybody left and it was just us in the ward.
He sat down on a chair in the operation room as I cleared everything up. I took his head out of his hands as I grabbed them
"let's go home" I said.

I stood in the shower with him as I washed his back and cleaned under his nails. He pulled me in for a hug as his head rested on my shoulder. He cried on me as i hushed him rubbing his back.
"Baby look at me, you can't save everyone. You did what you could do. It was her time to go."
"She was 5 years old. How was it her time to go." He mumbled.
"I don't understand, I did everything I'd normally do and nothing was working. I started panicking and- I've never had this before I don't know what to do with myself-"
"Look at me. Breathe. Calm down. It's over now." I grabbed his face as he looked me in my eyes. He rubbed my bump as he sighed.
"I love you." I said
"I love you too." He spoke.
I heard a loud bang and a sharp pain shoot through my back.

Keith pov
Marnie fell to the ground as I heard a gunshot echo throughout the house. I caught a glimpse of that couple from earlier as they sped off.
I saw a pool of blood start to spawn across the floor as she hurled in pain.
I tied something around her to apply pressure. Before carefully picking her up and putting her in the truck. I watched her as she started to cough up blood, holding her stomach in pain.
"We're almost there baby alright." I said as I darted in between traffic, I had no time to spare I had to get her in the operation room.
"S-slow down." She mumbled as she leaned on the window.
I finally busted through the doors and took her to an empty surgery room laying her in the bed I immediately started stripping her clothes getting to ready to extract the bullet from her chest. She grabbed my hand with the last bit of energy she had left.
"Save the baby." She whispered as she cupped my face.
"I'll save you both just let me." I pleaded checking the baby's heart rate. I injected her with numbing solution and prepared her for a c section. Sterilising my hands I glanced over watching my fiancé slip out of consciousness.
"Save the baby." She grabbed my hand giving me a warm reassuring look.
"I'll be fine." She added.
I sanitised my hands marking her belly with where i needed to cut. Noticing her stomach was now numb. I made the incision.
The heart monitor went off like crazy as I glanced back at Marnie, this could possibly kill her, and I can't let her go.
She nodded warmly as blood began to pour out her stomach.
She played with my ear caressing my face as I operated on her.
"Stay with me Marnie aight baby?"
"I gotchu" She whispered.
She gripped the bed with her hand as she gritted in pain.
"It's just a contraction baby. It's okay."
Within minutes soft cries were heard in the room. My heart skipped a beat As I took a look at my daughter fur the first time. I gave our child to her mother. As she cradled her close. I kissed the baby's cheek and by the time I lifted my head to look at Marnie she had passed. A single tear left her eye as the heart monitor flatlined. She was gone