Chapter-16

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n Pov

"Another round?" Jungkook asked, a smirk playing on his lips. I returned his smirk. "Sure," I replied, taking the controller in hand, ready for the challenge.

He selected another game, his smirk widening as the game commenced.

This time, it was a fighter game where Jungkook and I battled each other.

"Y/n, you can't beat me at this. I'm a master," Jungkook boasted, unleashing a flurry of powerful moves. Indeed, he was skilled; his movements were seamless and precise. I pouted, watching him with a mix of frustration and admiration.

"Is this another one of your strategies, Y/n? Because I'm not falling for it," Jungkook teased as I focused on the screen, struggling to keep up. My energy was dwindling, and defeat seemed inevitable. With a sigh, I dropped the controller and flopped onto his bed.

"Why'd you quit?" Jungkook teased, his playful smirk evident. He knew exactly why I had given up.

"You know I'm new to gaming. I was bound to lose," I grumbled, pouting. "Oh, Y/n's upset," Jungkook teased further. "Come on, you're not that weak. Let's play another round. I'll take it easy on you," he nudged.

Raising an eyebrow, I declined his offer to go easy on me. "No need. I'll give it my all," I declared, determined to improve. With determination, I readied myself for the next round.

As the game began, I focused intently, striving to match Jungkook's speed and skill. "Oops!" I cursed as Jungkook once again overwhelmed me with his moves, leaving me defeated.

"Another round?" I suggested, undeterred. Jungkook chuckled, and we began again. Despite my efforts, Jungkook's expertise proved too much for me to handle.

"Ugh," I groaned in frustration as yet another round ended in defeat. "One more?" I pleaded. "Alright," he relented, and we launched into another round.

An eternity later (just kidding, more like an hour later)

Y/n's POV

"Ugh! Argh!" I groaned in frustration, yet again bested by Jungkook. "Another-" I began, but he cut me off. "Are you going to say 'another round'?" he teased, prompting me to flash him a pleading look.

"Y/n, we've played 14 rounds," he reminded me, but I persisted. "Just one last round," I pleaded, promising that this truly would be the final one. Reluctantly, he agreed, and we started another game.

This time, I played with unmatched determination. I was finally catching up to Jungkook, matching his level of skill. Internally, I smirked, feeling confident.

A/n's POV

"Oppa, looks like this time I'm going to win," Y/n smirked, her confidence evident. "Don't count your chickens before they hatch," Jungkook retorted, his focus solely on the game. But to Y/n's surprise, Jungkook once again dominated the match with his expert moves.

"Ugh, again," Y/n groaned, while Jungkook chuckled. Despite being a mere video game, they both treated it like an Olympic event, their competitiveness shining through.

"Yeah, I'm going to win this time," Y/n declared, her eyes glued to the screen. "Let's see about that," Jungkook challenged, equally focused. Just then, Jin entered the room.

"Y/n, Jungkook, lunch is ready," Jin announced. However, engrossed in their game, they failed to notice him.

"Jungkook," Jin called again, receiving no response. "Y/n," he tried once more, but they remained oblivious. Frustrated, Jin unplugged the system, finally catching their attention.

Annoyed, they looked up to see a stern-faced Jin, causing them both to gulp nervously.

"Oppa," they both chorused. Jin scolded them in Korean for playing too much and not listening, before instructing them to come downstairs for lunch.

"Oppa, what did Jin Oppa say?" Y/n asked Jungkook, who explained the situation. Y/n furrowed her brow in confusion. "So he ranted at us just to say it's lunchtime?" she questioned, baffled by the unnecessary scolding.

"Let it go. He just told us to come down for lunch because we were too engrossed in the game," Jungkook reassured, ruffling Y/n's hair.

"Let's go," Jungkook suggested, rising from the bed. "No!" Y/n protested, still upset about losing. "I was about to win when Jin Oppa interrupted. Can't we play another game before going downstairs?" she pleaded.

"You lost 14 times. What more do you expect?" Jungkook teased with a cocky smile. Y/n pouted, but eventually relented.

"Fine, we'll play tomorrow," Jungkook conceded, though Y/n continued to sulk.

"Y/n, are you coming, or do I have to carry you down?" Jungkook teased. Rolling her eyes, Y/n got up and approached him. Jungkook stopped her and turned around, offering his back for a piggyback ride.

"Jump on," he instructed. "Are you sure, Oppa? Am I not too big for you now?" Y/n teased, referring to her increased height due to the transformation. "I've given Taehyung piggyback rides many times before," Jungkook replied with a grin.

"Okay, but don't regret it," Y/n warned playfully, hopping onto his back and wrapping her arms around his neck. With a smile, Jungkook carried her down to the kitchen, where everyone was waiting.

"Y/n-ah," Namjoon greeted. "You both came?" Y/n responded, still perched on Jungkook's back. Namjoon nodded, casting a glance at Taehyung, who was already watching them.

To Be Continued...