Facts 2791-2820

We're less than 20,000 reads away from 300K!

Thank you all so much for your support with this book! :D

Now, time for some facts!

Fact #2791 

Today, 11/03/2015, marks the passing of Kirby from Suite Life on Deck and one of the security guards from Mighty Med passed away.

Fact #2792 

Walt Disney's Man In Space first aired on TV 60 years ago on March 9th, before screenings in the Pentagon & theaters nationwide.

Fact #2793 

Thanks to branding and other corporate limitations, customers at any of the resorts and parks are only allowed to hug a character for $5 with a maximum of four hugs per customer.

Fact #2794 

Pinocchio has the highest rating of any Disney film on Rotten Tomatoes.

Fact #2795 

During the Twilight Bark in 101 Dalmatians, Lady and Tramp are wondering the streets.

Fact #2796 

Ratigan's gang includes Bill the Lizard from Alice in Wonderland.

Fact #2797 

Nemo from Finding Nemo makes a cameo as one of the fish in Brother Bear.

Fact #2798 

Tinkerbell from Peter Pan cameos as one of the faries in The Black Claudron.

Fact #2799 

In Oliver and Company, Ratigan and Scooby-Doo make cameos in photographs.

Fact #2800 

In the opening scene of The Princess & The Frog, if you look closely you'll find Magic Carpet from Aladdin.

Fact #2801 

King Triton from Little Mermaid cameos as a Mardi Gras float in Princess & The Frog.

Fact #2802 

Bambi and his mom make cameo apperances in The Rescuers.

Fact #2803 

Mama Odie throws around some items while singing "Dig a Little Deeper," one of which is Genie's Magic Lamp from Aladdin.

Fact #2804 

The code A113 is printed on a box in A Bugs Life.

Fact #2805 

A113 is also the code for Abandon Earth Protocol in Wall-E.

Fact #2806 

Bart is holding up a placard bearing the number A113 in an episode of The Simpsons.

Fact #2807 

The Little Mermaid was going to be part of Disney's proposed biopic about storyteller Hans Christian Andersen. The film was envisioned as a combination of live action scenes about Andersen's life and animated segments for the fairy tales. The film never happened and Disney's didn't return to the idea of an animated 'Little Mermaid' for many decades.

Fact #2808 

'The Little Mermaid' was the last Disney film to use the cel animation process. Part of Disney animation since before 'Snow White,' cel animation required animator's drawings to be copied onto clear sheets of plastic, painted on the opposite side and laid over the hand painted backgrounds.

Fact #2809 

The reason Mickey only has four fingers isn’t because he’s a mouse but it’s due to the fact illustrators thought he would look weird with five. Financially, it’s said to have saved Walt Disney Studios millions since the character was created.

Fact #2810 

Walt Disney was nominated for the Oscars 59 times and won 22 awards.

Fact #2811 

With its recent development and expansion, Walt Disney World now encompasses a space that’s twice as large as Manhattan. The resorts and attractions cover almost 47 miles of ground, leaving a lot for landscapers and employees to attend to.

Fact #2812 

A Disney employee was fired for dressing up as Jack Sparrow in the park, at a Pirates film premiere on his day off, and then giving a TV interview where he gave them his stage name, not “Jack Sparrow,” but “Hillock”, breaking character integrity while in costume and representing the company.

Fact #2813 

Toward the end of Aladdin when Rajah is transforming back, his head molds into Mickey Mouse's head for a split second before he changes back.

Fact #2814 

What's a Bladid? Apparently it's what Mickey and Minnie call their 'marital aid'.

Fact #2815 

An average Disney film has up to 2 to 3 lead characters and 3 to 4 supporting characters.  Big Hero 6 has 15 main characters.  There is the team of 6 characters.

Fact #2816 

Up to 85 different animators worked on Big Hero 6.

Fact #2817 

Big Hero 6 is actually following a new story trend at Disney, where the theme focuses on family and relationships.

Fact #2818 

Star Wars Rebels takes place 5 years before the time and setting of A New Hope.

Fact #2819 

In Camp Rock, there's a scene where Shane Grey, AKA Joe Jonas, is running from a bunch of girls. He trips and falls, but it wasn't planned! Joe actually fell and the director decided to keep it in the film.

Fact #2820 

Alyson Stoner actually had to wear hair extensions during all her dancing scenes because otherwise her hair would lose its curl. If you watch carefully, her hair actually grows throughout the film.

********

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did!