Facts 2161-2190: Mickey's House of Villans

Whoooooo it's a mousketeer halloween!

So grab your garlic and get set for the house most haunted!

He's count, Miceeeeeeeey mouse!

*******

Fact #3161 

Like the show, the film shows several Disney cartoons. In fact, these shorts make up more of the movie than the actual plot with the villains. However, all their title cards are edited out.

Fact #3162 

The Lonsome Ghosts cartoon was released in 1937.

Fact #3163 

Donald Duck and the Gorilla was released in 1944.

Fact #3164 

Trick or Treat was released in 1952.

Fact #3165 

The witch character in the Trick or Treat cartoon, Hazel, is a cameo of the witch character from Warner Brothers with her name spelled backwards.

Fact #3166 

The other five shorts that were featured in the film were all originally broadcast on Mickey Mouse Works in 1999.

Fact #3167 

The villians that appear in the movie are Peg Leg Pete, Lonesome Ghosts, Big Bad Wolf, The Wicked Queen, Stromboli, Chernabog, Headless Horseman, Lady Tremaine, Drizella Tremaine & Lucifer, The Queen of Hearts, & Card Soldiers, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Pirate Crew & The Crocodile, Maleficent, Diablo & The Goons,  Cruella de Vil & Horace and Jasper Badun, Madam Mim, Kaa, Prince John, Professor Ratigan & Fidget, Ursula, Gaston & LeFou, Jafar & Lago,  Scar & Shenzi, Banzai and Ed,  Hades, Pain and Panic & the Fates, and The Hitchhiking Ghosts.

Fact #3168 

It's 70 minutes.

Fact #3169 

When Mickey was about to battle Jafar in his wizard attire there is a direct reference to the dinosaur section of "Rite of Spring" from Fantasia. When Mickey appears on stage and all of the villains gradually turn their heads towards him is very similar to when the Tyrannosaurus Rex appears and all of the other dinosaurs face him. 

Fact #3170 

Jafar's defeat at the end is similar to that of Aladdin, where he gets sucked into the lamp.

Fact #3171 

Despite appearing on the DVD cover's backside and in the short "Mickey's Mechanical House", Pluto does not make an appearance in the film.

Fact #3172 

Some scenes from the beginning of the film were later used in the episode "House Ghosts".

Fact #3173 

The name was later used in the episode "Pete's House of Villains", in which Mickey lets Pete run the show.

Fact #3174 

There are many fan-made remakes of the movie wherein they also featured other villains like Master Xehanort, Mother Gothel, Heinz Doofensmirtz, Madame Medusa, Davy Jones, Organization XIII, Heartless, Nightmare Dream Eaters, Skyes, Abis Mal, Loki, Ultron, Marvel villains, Scar & many other Disney villains.

Fact #3175 

It's unfortunate that Madame Medusa didn't appear in the actual film; She appeared in the trailer.

Fact #3176 

Witch Hazel is voiced by the legendary June Foray.

Fact #3177 

How to Haunt a House is a contiuatio of Goofy's "How To" cartoon's which has been airing since the 1940's.

Fact #3178 

The Hansel & Gretel cartoon staring Mickey and Minnie is set to the music of Saint-Saens' Danse Macabre.

Fact #3179 

In the main menu, the lobby posters of three villains provide hidden links to brief clips of their dastardly exploits.

Fact #3180 

Scott Weinger, the voice of Aladdin, was the screenwriter for this film.

Fact #3181 

All of the original voice actors who were still alive returned to recreate the voices of the villians, including Jonathan Freeman as Jafar, Gilbert Gottfried as Iago, Pat Carroll as Ursula,James Woods as Hades, and Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin, and Jim Cummings as Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed.

******

That's all of the House of Villians facts I could find. I'll move on to Halloween facts now! 

******

Fact #3182 

There are more than 300 sculpted pumpkins on Main Street, U.S.A., and no two are alike.

Fact #3183 

This year’s Haunted Mansion Holiday gingerbread confection, “Jack’s House,” stands 9 feet tall.

Fact #3184 

Sandy Claws covers the Haunted Mansion Holiday graveyard scene with more than 7,500 square feet of ghostly white snow.

Fact #3185 

In the attic of Haunted Mansion Holiday, a snake devours a holiday list featuring the names of many of the cast members who helped create the attraction.

Fact #3186 

More than 23,100 feet or about 4-1/4 miles of cable is installed for special lighting and sound effects that are part of the party’s Halloween entertainment.

Fact #3187 

11 Disney characters are exclusive to Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade: Big Al, Captain Barbosa, Christopher Robin, Kanga and Roo, Shenzi, Banzai and Ed — the three hyenas from “The Lion King,” — plus three Hitch-Hiking Ghosts from the Haunted Mansion.

Fact #3188 

More than 215 tons of candy will be handed out to party guests during 23 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties.

Fact #3189 

40 different kinds of brand-name candies, including Skittles, M&Ms and Kit Kats, are included in three trick-or-treat candy mixes offered during the parties.

Fact #3190 

At the 2011 Halloween party, 586,000 photos were taken.

*****

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did!

Now for your Disney Challenge, go and watch either the cartoon to the right side of the screen or watch House of Villains!